I am missing a tech tree in game

Spritz2k11Spritz2k11 Join Date: 2011-01-23 Member: 78679Members
As the title states, I'm missing a tech tree in game when not playing as the commander. This tech tree should show the actual progress of the team in the tech tree.

I think this would make the players on the ground, certainly the new players, feel more connected to the game the commander plays. New players would also learn different commanding strategies faster this way, so they don't have to learn the basic tech routes first when they hop in the command chair for the first time.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would love for that to happen, me no like when all I can see myself are the weapon and armor upgrades
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Would love for that to happen, me no like when all I can see myself are the weapon and armor upgrades

As an alien press "b" and you see all the upgrades done and as a marine you have to walk over to the next armory and press "e" (given you didn't bind any other keys for that actions)

I'm not saying that there should not be a tech tree in the game, but imo that issue is not that urgent since it's basically possible to get that information, it might just be a little inconvenient.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It would also add even more clutter to the UI. I for one wouldn't use it. As comm I always tell my people what is happening, and when I'm not commin I don't hesitate to ask stuff like "How we doin on Phase tech?"

But maybe if it were optional and it'd keep some people happy.
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    well and upgrade times, so every one is at base when upgrades get available and no one misses that shotguns are out or carapace is up :P

or in crucial moment when you suddenly get bilebomb that could save the game, but you just dont know about it ;)
  • Sinistral_on_SteamSinistral_on_Steam MA, USA Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    Kopunga wrote: »

As an alien press "b" and you see all the upgrades done and as a marine you have to walk over to the next armory and press "e" (given you didn't bind any other keys for that actions)

I'm not saying that there should not be a tech tree in the game, but imo that issue is not that urgent since it's basically possible to get that information, it might just be a little inconvenient.
    Walking over to an armory/proto will only show you available equipment to purchase, unless you view the current research progress tooltip on the unit. Not easy way tell if you have say phase tech up yet cause you just made it down to Sub-sector and it hasn't been cysted yet. ;) A key to bring up an upgrade tree like the large map would be great - no need to clutter up the existing HUD. This would let you know what kind of robotics factory equipment is available as a grunt and whatnot. And it would be great if things could be red when they're down (I admit sometimes I have no idea why I can't get something from the proto when it's been researched and I got the res :o ) like with armor/weapon upgrade when you lose your arms lab.