I made another thing. It has knobs.

ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic
I bought DCS: P-51D when it was on special the other day. I was having fun, but being an old-school spinny-propeller type plane, it requires laborious trimming to make it fly straight with a given engine setting, altitude and fuel load.

SOLUTION: BOX WITH KNOBS ON:

Took about three hours to build, but now I has knobs.

That is all.

--Scythe--

Comments

• XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Very cool, excellent presentation too. I didn't listen to the whole video, how many bits of ADC are you using? Is there any oscillation/drift in the ADC reading? I usually put a few uF between the wiper and ground of each pot.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    You sir, have a cool number of hobbies.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Scythe. Huge knob. Yup. Checks out. :D
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Xyth wrote: »
    Very cool, excellent presentation too. I didn't listen to the whole video, how many bits of ADC are you using? Is there any oscillation/drift in the ADC reading? I usually put a few uF between the wiper and ground of each pot.

I might do some filtering in software, there's a bit of jitter there, but nothing too bad. The ADCs on most of the atmel chips are 10-bit resolution.

--Scythe--
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    You're on your way to building your own P51, you've got the knobs to do it..
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    edited April 2013
    Nice blueprints. Very technical.

AUSTRALIA IS TOO NOISY.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Fucking cool accent
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    hehe knobs

Yet again, Scythe is an awesome maker type person
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Completely forgot to press the awesome button. Don't worry, this has now been rectified!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Looks too professional. Slap some duct tape on it to fix that :)
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Blame Scythe's 3D printer. Still want to get me one of those.
  • Sinistral_on_SteamSinistral_on_Steam MA, USA Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Is that a custom fab printer? :D Impressive, your whole workbench and resulting work!
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Is that a custom fab printer? :D

Yes, it's a Reprap. Dead handy gadget.

--Scythe--

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff