Woman marine ?

bekammkbekammk Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179603Members
Why u dont add woman marine ! That will be cool !

Comments

• NeoQuaker1NeoQuaker1 New York Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183182Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    A Dev stated that it's being worked on.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    edited April 2013
    It has also been being worked on for a while if you count Cory's awesome concept art. I have a female marine from the Deluxe Edition wallpapers on my left monitor, it's badass.

NS2_Concept_FemaleMarine.jpg
  • bekammkbekammk Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179603Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2013
    Both of them are the same though, the helmet retracts cause it is hot and when not in combat the idea behind that design was to cool you down. So apparently the armour is attached to the marine >_>
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It would get pretty hot in that suit, wouldn't it.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Squishpoke wrote: »

Nah. Nanites keep you cool.

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Well, if Hugh's PAX East experience is any indication you can't pee the entire time you wear it. That's gotta be awkward.

But yeah to the best of my knowledge it's still planned at some point.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    There rigging it right now so from now to the Biodome update
  • facetfacet Join Date: 2013-01-25 Member: 182074Members
    Officer Ripley, see you on the field!
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    I say we need a hermaphrodite player model for all the hermaphrodites out there!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Turbine wrote: »
    I say we need a hermaphrodite player model for all the hermaphrodites out there!

That would be the Lerk.
  • LústLúst Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178186Members
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    I wonder if they'll have smaller hitboxes then everyone will go fem marine. Since there are a very small number of females who play this game, it is nice of UWE to make a model for them.
    I wonder if they'll have smaller hitboxes then everyone will go fem marine. Since there are a very small number of females who play this game, it is nice of UWE to make a model for them.

From the look of the concept art, great care would be taken to ensure similar build and height, which is all that matters from the alien's perspective anyways.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold

Yeah, great, I already see all 13-something nerds all picking female models, and typing would-be seductive messages to chat. Welcome to the world of modern MMORPG. So far, I have met two actual women playing NS2 (at least the voice sounded female).

Well yeah with female voice ..
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kamamura wrote: »

Yeah, great, I already see all 13-something nerds all picking female models, and typing would-be seductive messages to chat. Welcome to the world of modern MMORPG. So far, I have met two actual women playing NS2 (at least the voice sounded female).
    Pfft, there are no womans on the internet!
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    So far, I have met two actual women playing NS2
    Drawing lipstick mouths on your hands doesnt count ;)
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited April 2013

Cool story bro.

Anyway, great news that the female skin will finally be coming :)
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members

females sure .... ^^

• OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    I don't like the idea at all. Women do not fight among the frontline infantry for a reason.

And what reason is that? Considering that women are on the frontlines all over the world, including the US army.
    Besides, its just a video game. Options in games are awesome.
    People don't seem to complain about fantasy mmorpg female characters, or strong female protagonists like Alyx Vance or Lara Croft.
    Judging from the conept art, it looks like female marines won't be hyper-sexualized. Which is good. There are enough hyper-sexualized women and hyper-masculine men in video games as it is.
    ^ You took the bait, bro
    The woman model will be awesome in the game :P
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Angelusz wrote: »

Nah. Nanites keep you cool.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • ZxaberZxaber Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73315Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Both of them are the same though, the helmet retracts cause it is hot and when not in combat the idea behind that design was to cool you down. So apparently the armour is attached to the marine >_>
    Try as I might, I can't mentally picture that without imagining the moving plates catching on hair. Ouch.

Also, macro to change the desktop background when outside temperature is >70 degrees?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    in b4 nude female marine models mod...
    drool