will my laptop be half decent?and another question

DoY_DeAdMeAtDoY_DeAdMeAt Join Date: 2007-03-24 Member: 60469Members
I5 2.9proccessor geforce 540m 8 gig of ram ddr3 why won't steam let me download it anyways, the new updates at least i have some old update from long ago, first problem like dota 2 does that also Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AaronElAaronEl Join Date: 2009-11-01 Member: 69214Members
    It will probably drop below 30 fps in the mid and late game if you're lucky, and early game if you're not, no matter what graphics settings you choose. Fingers crossed for performance increases from UWE.
  • DoY_DeAdMeAtDoY_DeAdMeAt Join Date: 2007-03-24 Member: 60469Members
    edited March 2013
    i use to play Ns 1 with 20 fps so i think i can manage, even though i got a new laptop, i was just hoping, im aware 1000$ laptops arent that great, ill eventually buy a desktop . when i played early the performance issues were widespread and bugs ill be back when its more complete or i get a newer desktop n internet -.- edit: I wish i could find my old account with my constellation icon =( Edit:2 last time i played i dropped through the floor and game froze constantly at menu and about every 10 seconds like clockwork in game.i nearly cried becuase i couldnt play my beloved =(

• NeoQuaker1NeoQuaker1 New York Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183182Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You should have an enjoyable experience with that laptop. I have a similar setup, except mine is an i7 with Geforce 550m and it's pretty good. Late game, even on a 24 player server, I get 30-45 fps.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I've got the same graphics card, but a significantly better CPU, I'm guessing your cpu is a second gen i5, which is a dual core with hyper threading. I've got a third gen i7, which is a quad core with hyperthreading.

Anyway, I would say don't bother playing ns2 on that laptop and get a desktop. I have both a desktop and a laptop and the laptop experience is rubbish, not worth playing at all.

@NeoQuaker1 ... did you just say "enjoyable experience?" No, this is not what I would consider even close to enjoyable.