Love surprise games like this - KKG vs. dN

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
When surprises and turnarounds like this happen, it's just fun to watch. VGG

Enjoy!

Comments

• GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    edited April 2013
    Nice game, I dont understand why KKG stopped getting upgrades at some point. no w3 (until really late) or a2 all game.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lol, I called the double hive drop in WH and Elevator, would have been a great ploy if it went unnoticed.

Either way, good job DN on coming back from such a crappy opening.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    The early shotguns were really powerful that round. Elevator going up was the turning point though, the Warehouse drop was really more of a distraction and a "what should I do with this extra 60 res." Good games overall though.
  • Salraine_ChiSalraine_Chi Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107669Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am hoping a lot of players watch this and maybe think again about conceding/f4'ing so much. Great game.

• ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Golden wrote: »
    The early shotguns were really powerful that round. Elevator going up was the turning point though, the Warehouse drop was really more of a distraction and a "what should I do with this extra 60 res." Good games overall though.

Didn't think the warehouse hive drop was necessary and that's one expensive distraction. The ET hive could have been defended and you would have had been able to TRes drop a fade and ended the game quicker. ggs though. DN dominated all those rounds, with KKG clinging on only in one.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    It may have been expensive, but it kept 2? players away from ET at the most vulnerable time - right when it was dropped. I had enough tres to drop a fade when the hive went up, elected to get blink/leap/adren instead.
  • jewbearjewbear Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182943Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It may have been expensive, but it kept 2? players away from ET at the most vulnerable time - right when it was dropped. I had enough tres to drop a fade when the hive went up, elected to get blink/leap/adren instead.
    Golden 2smart

• ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    so DN tried to put all those crags up in the air to be immortal or whats that bad position?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Exoskelett wrote: »
    so DN tried to put all those crags up in the air to be immortal or whats that bad position?

For the same reason why Comms put medpacks under the Tech Point.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Exoskelett wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the comm did it accidentally. I've managed to accidentally place crags & upgrade structures in the ceiling a number of times; normally when I'm trying to place them up against a wall.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer

By the time you dropped the ware hive the ET hive wasn't in a delicate position at all. it was already at 100% health and maturing. Your fades and skulks already wiping the three push to ET. The marines left, only 1 was sent along with the recapper who incidentally made it to the ware hive. It didn't really need to be dropped. GGs though. You had KKG on the back foot the rest of the rounds.

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    I think there was some networked damage in this match delivered by a golden substance.