ns2_co_descent

MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
edited March 2013 in Mapping
It didn't look like anyone else was going to do it so i went ahead and came up with this layout, it's now on the workshop, mod id: 80ef2e5, let me know how it plays and ill make changes if need be, credit obviously goes to uwe and the original map maker, i imagine its ok as it's been done with all the others so far?

bdZzcPz.jpg

Comments

• MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    Nice layout. Would've been funnier if you put monorail roads all around the map :)
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    I don't see a problem with it for now (making a CO version that is).

Map textures are misaligned all over tho, and the skybox entity for the planet is totally out of place. Youll have to figure out where to place the entity in the map to get it correct since you moved the map off of the original origin point(currently you can see the planet outside of launch control, but totally out of place since it was never a full planet, just a half), or modify the cinematic file to get rid of it, but otherwise it looks pretty good.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited March 2013
    Ah i wondered about that, i thought the planet might have been a cinematic which i deleted, do i just need to move the skybox entity?

Thanks for being ok with it, sorry i wasn't sure who to ask, if you want i can take it down from the workshop and you can take over?
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Nah, at least for the moment its fine for you to work on it, im not taking it over, I'm currently busy with other projects :P and since theres no official combat mod it shouldn't be an issue for you to work on it. The official maps are however property of UWE, so in the future things could change, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

The skybox entity is what you will need to move to get the planet back in position, the entity is located in depot right now in your version of the map, but if you change the origin of the entity to 926, 334,1806 then it should show up correctly.
    Thanks, that fixed it, really there's not much to do as it's such a good map, i just might need to tweak the layout, vents and some misaligned textures, it's just a matter of making sure it plays well for combat and everything is ok.
  • SecuritySecurity Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33133Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2013
    Looks good so far. Added the map to EDNK's mapcycle for further testing. :]
    I've only managed to play a few games but it seems quite balanced and good so far, not really had any feedback yet so im guessing it's ok with most players?