NS2_Goliath

1235»

Comments

• ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Woooo! New build to test tonight! Looking forward to it. Just one thing: How aboot fixing that ready room entity eh? :D
  • FunkyFungusFunkyFungus Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20691Members
    nice!
    now we just need more servers running customs :/
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    This map seriously needs more vents out of tech points. If marines camp a hive aliens have to flank by going all the way to center and around. Aliens need another way out of the hive, just make sure it doesn't face the tech_point (for jp/bilebomb spam).
  • Dr_RandomDr_Random Join Date: 2013-04-18 Member: 184884Members
    When we were playing this today, a couple of us found that you could hit the storage RTs from the tech point. This picture kinda shows where, if comments in mumble weren't clear.

Also, I'm sure it's been said, but I really love the sense of "massiveness" in storage. I like the map as a whole, but that part really catches me.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I love storage, especially when you're a lone marine defending a base in there and you can hear the skulks dashing all around the outside of the tube! That's terrifying and awesome.

Currently the only problem I have with the map is those weaving, winding catwalks in storage. Now I mentioned this to you earlier but I'd like to expand on it as they a very important and much used part of the map. Looking at it again I don't think the routes themselves are overly complex its probably the visuals.
    The brown grates over brown grates, with brown grate like railings surrounding them, encased with the brown pillars, it just feels a bit muddled with the low light of the area. Add Solid bright floor platforms with some led trims so you can 'read' where you can walk, and brighten it all up a bit. maybe some 'encased tube sections to break it up. Also more solid looking rails will help too for protection and readability.
    The outside RT seems a bit helpless. Maybe give it its own surrounding tube to stop it getting sniped. I think both teams just gave up with that one in the last game.
    Right now its really the only aspect of the map that I personally feel doesn't work all that well.

I love storage as a room so don't change the central area.
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AsuTGgPl.jpg tfJ64lCl.jpg XPMniQ0l.jpg
  • LORFCASTERLORFCASTER Join Date: 2010-06-13 Member: 72049Members
    Very advanced work. Very impressive. Very refreshing
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    Thanks dude. I'm sure some of it is pretty familiar to some people, but I haven't published any new shots on the thread for a while so I felt like it was worth it. If you guys hadn't already noticed, I was on an alien kick while I was making that stuff.

In other news, I just released another build. It has some lighting and occlusion problems near pipeline, but that'll be fixed eventually.
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    I'm trying to put this up on our server but it seems you've forgotten to agree to the agreement.
    Message me on steam when you've got it up if you can. <3
    Yeah I just accepted to the agreement again. Wish they would make a bit more of an effort to let me know when they change it. I never even knew they changed it until you said something about it.
    Say hello to West Storage.

cEn6hZ9l.png
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it a new build? Is it? Oooooh please is it?? :D
    edited September 2013
    It is now. I just published the update for testing. It took me 4 hours to fix it up and polish it, but it runs much better now, and the paths in middle are very easy to follow.

Now it is time for me to catch some sleep, as it is 3:14 AM right now. See you guys tomorrow.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited May 2014
    Any chance of getting an update on this map? It looks really interesting. @Blasphemy‌