PAX East 2013 Part 2/2 - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imagePAX East 2013 Part 2/2 - Natural Selection 2

A show floor is a collection of structures, sights, sounds and people. Games to excite attendees. Tables, hardware and stages to play them on. Panels for discussion and thought. Giant signs, lights, speakers and structures to draw show-goers in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Best part is when Hugh needed the blood of sacrificial virgins.
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What happens to all the hardware? Just curious. :) The computers were brand new so I guess Alienware doesn't recycle that stuff to some other dev at some other game show.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Alienware gets the systems back and the logitech gear we used will be stored for the next show as well. Thank you to all who watched the videos and commented, and also to everyone that came by and said hi! these events are so much fun to be a part of and all of enjoying being part of the experience.
  • Sp3cia1Sp3cia1 NY/MASS Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177755Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Well I didn't think the medical badge would be more useful other than getting easy access to the elevators. I had lots of fun for only 2 days of PAX East even if it was a bit painful. BTW I didn't do any more damage to the ankle on saturday from the horse show, it just swelled up. So I am out of the wheelchair and on a single crutch now. It's still going to be another 3 weeks before I can mount back up.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Someday I might be able to actually attend one of these shows, and it will be glorious.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Good read Hugh - Well done.
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    looks like you guys had way too much fun - by the time I went to go buy some passes, the things were sold out.. have to put up a reminder next year to buy early..
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    I want to see a mod where every match in NS2 starts with Wasabi's "3, 2, 1" countdown. Or just make it part of vanilla.
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh! Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    edited March 2013
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    Alienware gets the systems back and the logitech gear we used will be stored for the next show as well. Thank you to all who watched the videos and commented, and also to everyone that came by and said hi! these events are so much fun to be a part of and all of enjoying being part of the experience.

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those beasts ;w;
  • BikeCatBikeCat Join Date: 2013-03-29 Member: 184537Members
    So I dropped by the booth on Saturday at PAX and this is what I saw...

8598746333_3eae485bb8_c.jpg
    PAX East 2013 NS2 by foto.fong, on Flickr

It was fun meeting you guys and hopping in a couple of rounds to teach some newbs how to play!
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    when wasabione lost his voice ... i imagined this...

wasabi_zps58c83ecd.jpg
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    BikeCat wrote: »

AHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow

It was fun meeting you guys and hopping in a couple of rounds to teach some newbs how to play!

The word "Naturals" behind then really brings this to the next level, as it implies that they are natural goofballs. :P

• hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    Those were very entertaining videos.

I especially liked how WasabiOne did his best to confirm some common stereotypes about Americans :p (THIS IS NOT MEANT AS AN INSULT, HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY NICE GUY, DON'T MISINTERPRET THIS)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I misinterpreted it.
    You hate Wasabi, Pie, and America, i just know it.
    ;)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    I misinterpreted it.
    ;)
    American Wasabi Pie?
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester

8598746333_3eae485bb8_c.jpg
    PAX East 2013 NS2 by foto.fong, on Flickr

We need a photoshop Rant. :D Wasabi must be a gorge.

• FirebreathingmaniacFirebreathingmaniac Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184057Members
    edited March 2013
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    IronHorse wrote: »
    I misinterpreted it.
    ;)
    American Wasabi Pie?

Well of course you can't have wasabi without thinking of the color green and when you think of the color green. You think of the only primary color that isn't used to make it. When you think of the only color not used to make it you think of red. When you think of red you think about the American Flag. When you think of the American Flag than you think of `Merica. When you think of `Merica you think of music. When you think of music. When you think of music you think of the song American pie and if you join that all together.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    What did I just read??
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    ... Glad im Canadian.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    I feel the urge to bake a pie, containing wasabi.