Bug - invulnerable hydras in ns2_refinery

FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
I encountered an unkillable hydra placed directly on the ceiling above the chasm res node. I'd unload a mag from my lmg, dropping it to 1/3 hp or so. It would then near instantly fully heal itself before I could complete a reload and finish it off. There was no gorge or crag nearby. I also noticed that a hydra placed beside the invulnerable one took far more damage then a hydra should.

In general I have experienced hydras ignoring damage if attacked at far distances. I can see the bleeding animation of the hydras taking damage, yet no damage numbers are seen. When I move closer I notice the hydras are at full hp. This is something I've noticed the past 1 or two builds, not earlier (might just be this build).

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Has been reported and is as such ... Wait

"It is known"

^phew close call :P
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the reply. I kinda wish there was a bug tracker for NS2. I think it would be easier to search for, post about, and add discussion about bugs.
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    The relationship of the hitboxes between the client and server are off. You can still kill it by finding where the hitboxes are. The easiest way to make sure you are on the actual hitboxes is when you shoot at the entity if you start to see damage numbers.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Actually he meant you shoot the hydra t odeath then it pops back to full health and continues to kill you.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    Faust wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I kinda wish there was a bug tracker for NS2. I think it would be easier to search for, post about, and add discussion about bugs.
    I've tried to make this happen.

There used to be a "progress tracker" but it broke, and so they stopped using it, then the game began to include features that the developers didnt want the rest of the world to know..
    And so now it would take a LOT of work basically for someone to port over an internal list of bugs to a public setting without including the ones that A) reference future features B) contain exploits C) something else we dont want the world to know/see

You'd say "yea just modify the system to include a hidden flag"
    To which i say:
    Just looking at our internal list there are 77 reports being actively worked on by the developers, and somewhere around 300 reported... do you want to go through each one and make that call? :-P

But yea, i agree.. I loved the progress tracker when it was functional.. was fandom x10 seeing what was being worked on!
    The upside at least to this situation is that you have amazing PTs here at your disposal that can check for you at any time. PM any one of us. Including myself!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    Actually he meant you shoot the hydra t odeath then it pops back to full health and continues to kill you.
    Same thing, re read what RWS said, its a server /client disagreement on hitbox placement. So your client can show a dead hydra, but the server disagrees, and by the time this correction occurs its waaaayy too late to avoid zombie hydras! :-P
  • CicoCico Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33169Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    the same happened to me, more times, but with spur and veil. unkillable updates :D
  • TomD22TomD22 Join Date: 2010-12-28 Member: 75995Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    Same thing, re read what RWS said, its a server /client disagreement on hitbox placement. So your client can show a dead hydra, but the server disagrees, and by the time this correction occurs its waaaayy too late to avoid zombie hydras! :-P

Is this likely to be the same explanation for unkillable celerity/adren spurs, and marine resource towers? Spurs often get stuck on seemingly zero or very little health and take an extra clip or two to kill. Never the other alien upgrades though, that I've seen. And I've noticed twice recently while biting a marine RT that it gets to zero health and then still takes another 4 or 5 bites to die.

It sounds a bit odd that this can be a server/client out-of-sync issue since we're talking about several seconds of time here not milliseconds. Wouldn't I notice absolutely crazy lag in the gameplay?