EXO SUITS, Where do the legs go!?

2»

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Roobubba wrote: »
    The only marines I hear calling out for exos over voice comms are 13 year old kids :)

Lol'd at how true this is.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Roobubba wrote: »
    The only marines I hear calling out for exos over voice comms are 13 year old kids :)

Lol'd at how true this is.

I usually call out for a railgun exo.
    Does that make me a child at heart? squee!
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    the exo's are controlled remotely by trueman show kids who think they're playing a video game called NS2.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    In the TSF the handicapped are allowed to join the army, and to compensate for their short comings they get the best toys.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Maybe they just sit crosslegged.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Ohnojojo wrote: »
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Ohnojojo wrote: »
    Narfwak wrote: »
    It's like a dragoon/immortal... except that the TSF guys don't wait to be mortally wounded first because exosuits are so cool that they chop their own legs off for the chance to ride in one.

But in the end, its not that big of a deal. Because medical science is so far advanced that scientists are able to clone a copy of your own legs and surgically reattach them after the exo returns from battle.

"Nah man, phase gates are harmless. Your soul comes through with you! Honest."

"Thats totally not just a carbon copy of you with your memories while the real you actually died. I swear."

the TSF has killed more frontiersman than the khamm ever could. one phase at a time. Something akin to gang violence having a body count the taliban could only dream of.

In the TSF the handicapped are allowed to join the army, and to compensate for their short comings they get the best toys.

tooo much meta. i'll nest my loops inside your recursion.

• FirebreathingmaniacFirebreathingmaniac Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184057Members
    Now that I think about it not only is there not enough space for a Marine in an exo. There is no way an onos can fit in an egg the size of a small dog. I mean maybe everything is a conspiracy or... maybe all the oni are using steroids and growth hormones. Which brings up the question how come the aliens get drugs and we don't.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I think the better question is... where does the marine's HEALTH go? Yeah you're inside a huge hunk of armor, but as soon as you get in your 100 health vanishes.
    Savant wrote: »
    I think the better question is... where does the marine's HEALTH go? Yeah you're inside a huge hunk of armor, but as soon as you get in your 100 health vanishes.

actually, what uwe wanted to do was have a naked marine pop out when the exo got destroyed, because there's not enough room in there to fit your weapons... but they couldn't get it passed the censors.

• 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    They are truncated.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    The marines are just really flexible. It's from all the yoga classes.
  • ezayezay Join Date: 2013-03-11 Member: 183899Members
    tarquinbb wrote: »
    the exo's are controlled remotely by trueman show kids who think they're playing a video game called NS2.

GJ on summing up Ender's strategy. :p Read it !
  • OutlawDrOutlawDr Join Date: 2009-06-21 Member: 67887Members
    edited April 2013
  • FirebreathingmaniacFirebreathingmaniac Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184057Members
    No wait everyone I just realized this but if you join the TSF and drive an eco hopefully you don't want to have kids.
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    Savant wrote: »

Apparently a Marine's health is located in their legs; further evidenced by the way they jump like mad in every skulk engagement.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    No they don't cut off the marine's legs. Yes, the marine doesn't fit perfectly, due to some of the size restrictions of the final Exo, and yes, the leg spread would be pretty uncomfortable. Deal with it :)
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    omagawd!
    No they don't cut off the marine's legs. Yes, the marine doesn't fit perfectly, due to some of the size restrictions of the final Exo, and yes, the leg spread would be pretty uncomfortable. Deal with it :)

Btw what made you go with this design concept instead of the exoskeleton concept found in the artbook that came with the deluxe package?
  • RemedyRemedy Join Date: 2011-06-16 Member: 104735Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Actually there is a little phase gate for the legs inside the exosuit which the legs comfortably are transported to the pilots place of choice. It could be to warm beach sands, into a jacuzzi or even into the pilots own bed at home under the warm, cozy sheets.

Claw slapping aliens can be stressful as an exosuit pilot, they need to relax ...
  • LagLightLagLight Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149708Members

Don't get me wrong, I still think the new exo's look really cool, its exactly how I envisioned it should have been ( Equal to an Onos with barrel/chain fed guns! and not just an upgraded Marine.) I would have left it like that too. The legs could have been brought closer together but that would make it look like it has trouble moving. The joints could have been replaced with ball joints or synthetic muscle type material, but that would have looked to organic. The legs could be contained in an armored chair-type structure, but that would make the exo look like its got a cod-piece.

Side note:
    Still I would love to see the old-school EXO as a monument, mural or on display in a window or storage room in a new map somewhere, immortalized after many years of service.

Another Side Note:
    In fact remakes of the old school weapon models and armor skins would make for a cool mod or a cool model choice similar to the marine Skin choices...Maybe for an NS2 anniversary or something down the track.