After Crash: Get back to server you last played on

BaallBaall Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18374Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi guys

Today I encountered a Problem I never had before: I was playing on a random Server and my game crashed.

I restarted the game and i tried to rejoin the last server.. but how do i do that ? No History, no Log, No retry, no reconnect.. nothing.

Long storry short: i was unable to figure out on which server i just played.

Would'nt it be nice to have some sort of history in the Server browser ?

Comments

• fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    The server browser unfortunately doesn't have a a history yet, but the last played server should be saved in your config. So after you restart the game, try to enter "retry" or "reconnect" to the console to reconnect to the last server you played.
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    The server browser need some serious work. It is not up to the gaming industry standard yet.
  • anoxeanoxe Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184324Members
    Hi,
    I do not want to make another topic so I'll ask briefly here i hope you dont mind. Every time i try to join a server I hover a mouse over the Server Name and click it... and it disappears so I try another one... same thing.
    At the end after 10 times i can actualy connect somewhere. Is that a common problem or it's just me?
  • TK8TK8 Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184327Members
    edited March 2013
    1. Press tilde ~ to open up the console.
    2. Type 'reconnect' and hit enter.
    3. Kick ass and chew bubble gum
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    anoxe wrote: »
    Hi,
    I do not want to make another topic so I'll ask briefly here i hope you dont mind. Every time i try to join a server I hover a mouse over the Server Name and click it... and it disappears so I try another one... same thing.
    At the end after 10 times i can actualy connect somewhere. Is that a common problem or it's just me?

It's quite common. The time you click a server, the browser refreshes it. And if by that time the server does not match your filters anymore (e.g. is full/empty or latency spike) it gets deleted from the list.

The server browser unfortunately doesn't have a a history yet, but the last played server should be saved in your config. So after you restart the game, try to enter "retry" or "reconnect" to the console to reconnect to the last server you played.

Well i have the problem if i do that, i can't reconnect to the server for several minutes. I have no clue why, but i just get a "cannot connect to server" or whatever the msg is. And no not "server full"...

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Akimoto wrote: »
    The server browser need some serious work. It is not up to the gaming industry standard yet.

Thank god we have a browser and not a matchmaking system though :P