Any rookie free servers around?

Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
First off let me just say i think that the free weekend is a great idea and i do support it!
I have done my share of rookie mentoring today,but after playing like 10 games on 3 different servers where 95% of the players were all complete rooks,that really started to get boring.
I almost feel guilty going with 10K/D almost every game and solo rushing the entire marine team and wining by myself(i am not braging,i am actually a n00b skulk,but man are these rooks green or what :D ).
So i wonder if there are any servers where i can find atleast 50% of the people having a clue of what the heck is going on.

Comments

• dToxdTox Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183939Members
    Haha in on this. I'm lliterally in a 72 minute game where we have 3 phase gates inside one base and no armories. Haha, i went through the phase gate then came out the other side in the same location.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Madd0g wrote: »
    So i wonder if there are any servers where i can find atleast 50% of the people having a clue of what the heck is going on.
    Look for a server called "The Angry Gorge".

• Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    dTox wrote: »
    Haha in on this. I'm lliterally in a 72 minute game where we have 3 phase gates inside one base and no armories. Haha, i went through the phase gate then came out the other side in the same location.
    I know that feel bro :D
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    I've thought about doing that on purpose.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Haha, i went through the phase gate then came out the other side in the same location.

Yeah, happened to me once. I was very baffled and thought that the gate was bugged. I went back and forth through it a few times... "Dudes, we only have one gate! ... but it's still up and it makes the noise when you go through... and... umm...." and then I turned ninety degrees and saw the skinny side of the other gate right next to me.

Dunno if it was on purpose or not, but man it was funny.
    Savant wrote: »
    Look for a server called "The Angry Gorge".
    Couldnt find it.
    Btw i am looking for EU servers.

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ENSL Gathers are your port in the newbie storm.
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Hmm but isnt the gathers like quick competitive matches?
    I do think to get into competitive,but i figure i would first get a PC that can run this game with more than 25 fps and than go competitive :D

• KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    edited March 2013
    Aside from Gathers, the KKG Servers are filled with regular players with maybe some smattering of greens. They tend to stick to the "Official" and unmodded servers it seems.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    This afternoon, I played a bunch of matches on the YO clan server.
    To my surprise, as far as I could tell, there wasn't a single rookie on that full (20pl) server (apart from myself on occasions).
    And even if there were, I guess they had enjoyed the free weekend enough to become one of the pack already.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Honestly I haven't found a single north american server that I can go to reliably and have a good time. It's either 24 player clusterfucks on KKG (which is your best bet, since usually at least 50% of players know what they're doing) or throw yourself into the sea of green and hope for the best. I pretty much only do gathers ever since gorgeous came out.
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    I just love green alien commanders that uses up all the resources on whips early.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Hmm but isnt the gathers like quick competitive matches?
    I do think to get into competitive,but i figure i would first get a PC that can run this game with more than 25 fps and than go competitive :D
    In that case, stick to yellow (modded) servers that don't have a different gametype than ns2 (like mvm or combat).
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    can they just make a server that requires at least 50 hrs of playtime before you can join it?

they can even hide it from the list for new players, and noone will ever know...
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    biz wrote: »
    can they just make a server that requires at least 50 hrs of playtime before you can join it?

they can even hide it from the list for new players, and noone will ever know...
    That would be awsome!
    Anyway freeweekend is over now.
    Back to normal i guess?

• KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    We have just implemented rookie free status on hives 1-3. Unless you have logged enough time on TheHive, you can't join a team. Hives 4-7, rookies can join, but can't command. There, they can earn hours on the Hive ranking system.

So, if you're looking for Rookie Free, we're the place to play.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    BAD kahuna! Make a new thread next time... iron no like necros. >_<
    (7th one this week according to the cuts on my arm)
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    BAD kahuna! Make a new thread next time... iron no like necros. >_<
    (7th one this week according to the cuts on my arm)

and to think, the worst was yet to come.