Error: NS2 is not responding after loading a new map

AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
Greetings.

When I am playing on a server, usually, when a new map is loading, the game crashes. (I get a popup window saying that NS2 is not responding)
Some of you might already have experienced this bug/error.

I hope this is not a common issue (or maybe I do, since then the crew would be more likely to fix it), but I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thank you.

Comments

• rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    edited March 2013
    Does this happen on only one server?
    Does this happen on a specific map?

When this happens, run a dump file along with a dxdiag and either post it here or send it in to UWE.
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    I don't know which servers this happens on because the current server browser in NS2 do not keep track of server history. Since i visit random servers every time I play, finding out which servers this happens on is impossible.
  • FarrenFarren Join Date: 2005-03-13 Member: 45065Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Write down the name of the server before joining, and see if it crashes on map change. If you've got strict server search settings, you might be re-joining the best looking server and have it be the same one multiple times in a row. It's unlikely, but possible. You can also start your own server, turn on cheats, and change the map. Turn on the console in the options, and bring it down with tilde "~". Type "cheats 1", then "changemap ns2_summit" (or if you're on summit, then any other map name). If you crash, you know that it is a problem on your client and not on any specific server.

For the dump, hold ctrl+shift+esc and right-click ns2.exe under the Processes tab, select "Create Dump File".

Also post your log.txt from "C:\Users\[WINDOWS LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2"; it will hopefully show exactly how far you get into loading before the crash occurs.
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    I will attempt to do this next time this happens. :)