Allow Khaara to destroy power sockets (?)/Infestation covering lights

StartedBulletStartedBullet Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184217Members
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Pretty simple and straight forward, perhaps allow Khaara to take out the lights before marines build on them? This would allow them to darken their own base and other areas.

What do you fellows think?

Comments

• KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    We had this at first, the problem was that many inexperienced players (and even semi experienced players) ended up wasting time and effort biting those things down at the beginning of a match instead of actually doing useful things they'd really have to do at this point in the game, while the marine team had basically complete freedom.

Powernodes are just a really complex thing many ppl struggle with evaluating when its smart or dumb to attack,i feel like its already distraction and cause of bad choices enough the way it is.
  • StartedBulletStartedBullet Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184217Members
    I personally like having them and see them as more of a distraction, but I guess you are right about them possibly distracting people (in the old way).

I still would really like to see a good way for the Khaara to darken their own territory, help with defense and atomesphere.
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    I agree its needed, for a short time in the beta all nodes started with sockets plugged.
    Marines complained because it takes longer to repair a node than drop and build one the first time.

Personally I felt if the aliens where willing to waste the time taking the node out then the increased build time was warranted.

The alien hive having power has been an issue raised many times, the fact you cant darken your hive (unless some silly marine sneaks in and builds a power socket is an appalling overlook which significantly hinders alien hive defense.

The reason some aliens would take them down by default was teh increased re-build time and stopping marines just waltzing in and building PG's etc without having to repair the opwer first.

There really needs to be a solution that allows aliens to actually have a dark hive.
    Perhaps the lights go out if infestation covers the power outlet?
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    or the lights themselves.
    infestation covering light sources would be cool, and instead of red alien bases, we could have pitch black, alien bases! :D
    It's been suggested before, but its never too late to say it. :)

Developers, heed this man!

=P
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    But then you lose the small, small advatage of marines not knowing where you are at the start.

dragonmith wrote: »
    But then you lose the small, small advatage of marines not knowing where you are at the start.

Not really. They have to see your base to see if the lights are out.
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh! Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    Perhaps the lights go out if infestation covers the power outlet?
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    or the lights themselves.
    infestation covering light sources would be cool, and instead of red alien bases, we could have pitch black, alien bases! :D
    It's been suggested before, but its never too late to say it. :)

Now that would give infestation a much larger purpose than it currently serves. This is one of the few amazing ideas I've come across in awhile!
  • ManwichManwich Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182715Members
    I really like this idea. Maybe infestation covering a built powered node would revert it back to red emergency lighting, but covering an unbuilt or broken power node would turn the lights off completely.
    Only problem would be the big disadvantage to marines trying to push into a completely dark alien base, where it would be nearly impossible to shoot anything. If infestation or alien structures emitted some kind of ambient light this could fix that, however.