At 100 Player Res, does your incoming Res redistribute?

jorgamunjorgamun Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183703Members
edited March 2013 in New Player Forum
I've never seen this mentioned except once ingame, and I've never tested it, so I'd like some clarification.

When a player is at 100 p.res and they're going to get say, 1 res on the next tick and there are 4 other members on the team excluding commander, do the other players get an additional .25 res each? Is there an effect on t.res if players hold onto res this way as well?

Comments

• XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    Yes there is normally an 'overflow' to other players. If all players are at 100 then I guess nobody would get any resources.
    Commander t.res are capped at 200 by the way, but a good commander will never sit on that amount of t.res.

EDIT: Apparently p.res overflow was taken out? Either way, doesn't really matter.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I heard that wealth is not redistributed, despite what the 2% tell us...
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It used to be that way, but it hasn't worked like that in a while. Anyone at 100PRes is wasting res.
  • jorgamunjorgamun Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183703Members
    edited March 2013
    Let's say a commander is in the process of crashing and he can't get out of the chair, and things are so hectic that the pub players aren't organizing an eject and don't realize it. If his t.res goes to 200, does it then overflow to the other players?

Also, does the overflow from p.res increase the t.res per tick as well?
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    T.res max is 200 not 100. There is no t.res overflow, so it would just sit at 200. But there's a lot you can do with that. (And in most games it would never get that high in the first place)

Basically: Extractors give both p.res and t.res. P.res is what all players get to spend on weapons and lifeforms, t.res is what only the commanders can spend. The two come from the same source but don't interact. (Though commanders can also drop weapons and lifeforms with t.res allowing players to spend or save their p.res)

Anyway, you should never be at 100 p.res except very late into a game when you've already won anyway (and you are already playing as a higher lifeform). Likewise your comm should never sit on 200 t.res, ever.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nah, TRES doesn't overflow, as it is completely separate from the PRES system. It's even earned at different rates, and if the commander hops out of the chair, he's stuck with his 20 PRES he started the round with.
    Yeah I know about the caps and the res intake - I'm not new but this seems the forum to ask this question in.

There is no mention of overflow anywhere as far as I can tell, though. I'm asking for a more in-depth description of that system if it exists. There appears to be conflicting info though so I guess I should just test it with some friends once the server clears tonight and know for myself?
    edited March 2013
    Also, good commanders will sometimes jump out of the chair to spend their 20 p.res on for example mines (marines) or gorge/hydras to help defend their base.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Here's how the resource system works as I understand it:
    - Every RT will give 1 TRes to the team and 0.125 PRes to each player every interval
    - An interval is 6s
    - PRes is capped at 100 for each player and TRes is capped at 200
    - There is no overflow for either PRes or TRes (res past the cap is lost)
    - The comm/kharaa doesn't gain PRes when in the comm station/hive
    - Players don't gain PRes when dead
    That's what I'm talking about, thanks!

Just for my sanity, I'll double check later with a quick test, but I appreciate you clearing it up.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Shame the res overflow isnt here anymore.

also if you are really good, you will eventually hit 100res but have nothing to evolve it on. :p
    Happens rarely I know. but with the newbie weekend.. XD
    Shame the res overflow isnt here anymore.

also if you are really good, you will eventually hit 100res but have nothing to evolve it on. :p
    Happens rarely I know. but with the newbie weekend.. XD
    Yeah, I'm actually not sure if it was intentionally removed or just a bug that hasn't ever been fixed.