Mod Request: Classic crosshairs

BurnQuackBurnQuack Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171913Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited November 2012 in Modding
<div class="IPBDescription">Extracted some crosshairs already</div>I'm requesting NS1 classic crosshairs in NS2, I've already extracted some of them but I'm not even sure if they are usable because I know nothing about modding for NS2. Let me know if you want me to upload more.

<a href="http://imgur.com/a/3kOyb#0" target="_blank">http://imgur.com/a/3kOyb</a>

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Slapping them on Workshop? I mean that is the one click use thing now :)
  • BurnQuackBurnQuack Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171913Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2026426:date=Nov 16 2012, 06:29 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 16 2012, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026426"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Slapping them on Workshop? I mean that is the one click use thing now :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry for being such a noob but I don't really know what you are talking about haha. But yeah, a workshop mod would be cool.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    <strike>Sorry I was a bit too cryptic I guess. But it seems you got the gist of it, I did indeed ask if you're going to create a workshop mod so people can use and install them with the click of a button :)</strike>

Sorry I completely overlooked the "Request" bit in the title. I'll see what I can do :)
  • BurnQuackBurnQuack Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171913Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    Can anyone atleast point me in the right direction to learn how to do this? Google has failed me. :(

EDIT: Sweet, can't wait to see it if you do get around to it
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    edited March 2013
    Bumping thread to see if anybody's done this yet.
  • SethbeastalanSethbeastalan Join Date: 2011-05-05 Member: 97360Members
    I'm starting to learn modding in NS2. This might be a good first project.
  • SethbeastalanSethbeastalan Join Date: 2011-05-05 Member: 97360Members
    I can get the crosshairs in the game, but I do not know how to edit images. I need the background to be transparent instead of black.
  • ZxaberZxaber Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73315Members
    Paint.net is a free, lightweight image editor that can add transparency to supporting formats. Simply use the wand to select all black, and then hit the delete key. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the wand if it's catching part of the crosshair with it.
    edited March 2013
    Mind dumping the images in a zip or something Sethbeastalan? My problem currently is converting every single one of those sprites into a useable image. I suppose I should just do it because I have to hand alter every single one anyway.