Since gorgeous: Low FPS + high "loading times"

HendaHenda Join Date: 2004-09-20 Member: 31818Members, Constellation
Hi!

With almost every NS2-update in the beta my FPS increased, but after the Gorgeous update they dropped very badly. It is almost unplayable at the moment. When i ran the profiler i discovered a high "loading time". On other screenshots it was at 0 ms. I also get freezes for a few seconds sometimes.

I posted a screenshot of 242 beta build with the profiler and r_stats 1 in 1280x1024. When i decrease to 1024x768 the FPS climb to 25, but in-game they can drop down to 12. I tried to change differend graphics settings without any result.

Please tell me if you need some further information.

My system:
AMD Athlon II 3x3,31 GHz
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD6770, 1 GB
Windows XP 32

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Whoa. thanks for the profile screen!
    That shot doesnt look right at all.
    Have you enabled texture streaming in the options? Play with that option a bit.
  • HendaHenda Join Date: 2004-09-20 Member: 31818Members, Constellation
    It is enabled in the options, but it didn't seem to make a difference when i change it. But i can try to test a little longer
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Can you go to a spot in the map where this is happening, then type r_loading true in the console and wait for about a minute? Then post your log file from %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt.
    I just started a server using "map ns2_descent". I attached the file to this post :) Unfortunately it happens constantly, not only at special position.
    log.txt 81.7K
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Thanks, that's useful. Can you post your dxdiag as well?
    Thanks. I believe we have a fix for this for the next patch. By the way, because you are using 32-bit Windows XP, you can only use 3GB of your RAM.
    Oh that sounds great, can't wait to play NS again :D Thanks for your work!
    I know that i miss a lot of RAM, but for now this is ok for me.
    The patch is out now, so please let us know if it helped.
    edited March 2013
    The last build helped a lot! The FPS on the same spot climbed up to 29 from 12.5!
    In my standard resolution of 1024x768 i get about 40 FPS in an empty server, about 30 FPS ingame, which makes it a lot more playable, thank you! (in a battle they drop down to 20)
    However, I have the feeling that the performance is still a bit below before the gorgeous patch, maybe because there is still a bit loading time of 25-30%? I posted a screenshot of the profiler and r_stats again.