Failing consistancy check

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Tried joining a server today, the same server I joined yesterday, and every time I try I get kicked for "failed consistency check on models/marine/pistol/pistol.model" and a message box telling me to verify files. Well I even DELETED the file and had steam redownload it and it STILL gets me kicked.

No I don't have any mods affecting that file, and if I did then the server would just disable the mod anyway.

Comments

• ifferiffer Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45041Members, Constellation
    oooo me too! - Are you failing on the monash servers? I've sent endar a couple messages but not heard anything back yet
    Jen
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    Does this only happen on the one server, or any one that you join? Could you please post your log file here.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yep, monash servers, if it's happening to you too maybe it's not my problem. Some people can get in though.
    edited March 2013
    Just the monash server set for me - other servers seem ok but I suspect endar might be doing more checking (he posted over in the server forums how to setup to increase performance for consistency checks)
    Yeah if it's only happening on one server, I suspect it's something server side there, perhaps something with that file from their end.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Why can most people join just fine?
    edited March 2013
    I want to say that this is something related to a mod on the server that you are not able to properly download the file, or able to download the correct file from the server. If this is the case, then the only thing I can think to do is to try to download the mod directly from the Steam Workshop.

Couple of things I would like to request you post here:
    1.) Log file (%appdata%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt)
    2.) content_log.txt file (Steam > logs)
    3.) Run the TechSupport tool (\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2), then send the zip file it generates to max@unknownworlds.com with a description of the problem and a link to this thread for him to reference off of as well.
    edited March 2013
    I would, but the server admin has resolved the issue so I can't regenerate the log. I will post if it ever happens again though.

EDIT: Quote from the admin, "uwe messed it up with a server-only hotfix. I had to revert the files, and disables updates until they fix their stuff"
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    have the same problem on the duplex server.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    have the same problem with all ensl servers. since there is no list of the files uwe changed the only ways to fix it are reinstalling the old version or disabling consistency. N1...
    I will report this to the devs.
  • hypertrophyhypertrophy Join Date: 2013-02-27 Member: 183393Members
    Gamerkatze wrote: »
    have the same problem with all ensl servers. since there is no list of the files uwe changed the only ways to fix it are reinstalling the old version or disabling consistency. N1...

I had the same problem to all London servers but not Frankfurt or Chicago. Tried deleting downloads section and verifying game files, didn't help, would get stuck at precaching 8% and then get the error message.

• GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    @hypertrophy thats because i disabled the consistency on those servers ;)
    re Monash servers - we're failing consistency again sunday morning (still on pistol.model). Interestingly the fail is intermittent (keep trying till you get in I guess?)
    The servers probably updated themselves.
    ...bump

Issue has re appeared with b242
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    yeah and fully reinstalled ns2server will work or you can replace pistol.model from client version if you have ftp access.. Verify/validate doesn't always work when you update your server. My 4 month old server setup had some old models in 241/242 update (not sure about the gorgeous update)