Would like to install NS2-stats mod and bypass the mod filter

CombatJoeCombatJoe Join Date: 2003-09-11 Member: 20768Members
I'd like to get NS2 stats running on my server, but I'd also like to bypass the mod filter so the server isn't flagged. Anyone have a site or is able to describe how to do this? Please send me a private message if you don't want to post. There are instructions for DAK and I'm hoping there is something similar for other stats/admin mods.

Thank you

Comments

• deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    I'm also interested in this.
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Not possible as ns2stats has a client component to display badges and assists on the scoreboard.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Which is sad that they can not make a light version that removes these things. When I get time I got to configure psychostats for ns2.
  • SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    There you go: http://ns2stats.org/downloads/ns2stats_server_b240_v0.41.zip

I made it once before, but did not see any demand after that, so stopped doing it. Its not that hard to convert it to server only mod, so I guess i could do it in every build if there are some demand.

Install:
    - Unback files to temp folder
    - Copy ns2stats_server directory to ns2 folder
    - Remove consistency check on lua files in %config_path%/ConsistencyConfig.json (easiest to remove all lua consistency checks, but I guess there are other ways too)
    - Start server with -game ns2stats_server
    - Report possible problems here (killstreaks, awards and round end link might work as chat messages, but not sure, did not test enough)

NS2stats gets loaded from Player_Server.lua, it loads up RBPS.lua which loads all other ns2stats files. Incase you are running multiple mods.

Mod will run pretty much same as it normally runs, only assists/killstreaks/awards/round end link are not there or are diffrent.
  • CombatJoeCombatJoe Join Date: 2003-09-11 Member: 20768Members
    Sint, thank you very much!

I will give this a try later tonight.
    I'm very interested in the server-only version of NS2Stats. If you could publish it to workshop I would love to add it to my server!
    I'm very interested in the server-only version of NS2Stats. If you could publish it to workshop I would love to add it to my server!

I don't think that is possible. It would make server appear modded if installed from workshop since it would be mod :I So manual download is best option I believe and also easy to install.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
    edited March 2013
    I keep getting "Invalid Data" when I try to connect after following your steps. Anyone else experiencing this?\

*EDIT*

It's due to removing "*.lua" from the consistency check. Add that back in and I can connect...but no NS2Stats.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation

What would be needed is a constantly updated github lite version for people to dl and use just like how DAK works.
    Updated version for b241 at http://ns2stats.org/site/install

I got it to work without getting that invalid data at least by removing all consistency checks(ns2stats lua files + couple other lua files should be enough), but anyway if there are problems still i can look into them.
    I loaded up the new version and so far so good. Thank you again for providing this
    Ran into two issues, which I can't determine was caused by the hotfix or ns2stats_server.

- When killed, my screen would black out but I'd still have my HUD as if I was alive. The black screen would persists, then eventually the game would show the disconnect icon and I would have to rejoin the server.
    - Kill/death scores were not being added up correctly on the scoreboard

All of these bugs were intermittent and experienced by at least 3 different users. I'll try to get more info in another session
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    Sint wrote: »
    There you go: http://ns2stats.org/downloads/ns2stats_server_b240_v0.41.zip

I made it once before, but did not see any demand after that, so stopped doing it. Its not that hard to convert it to server only mod, so I guess i could do it in every build if there are some demand.

Install:
    - Unback files to temp folder
    - Copy ns2stats_server directory to ns2 folder
    - Remove consistency check on lua files in %config_path%/ConsistencyConfig.json (easiest to remove all lua consistency checks, but I guess there are other ways too)
    - Start server with -game ns2stats_server
    - Report possible problems here (killstreaks, awards and round end link might work as chat messages, but not sure, did not test enough)

NS2stats gets loaded from Player_Server.lua, it loads up RBPS.lua which loads all other ns2stats files. Incase you are running multiple mods.

Mod will run pretty much same as it normally runs, only assists/killstreaks/awards/round end link are not there or are diffrent.

Why the need for "-game ns2stats_server"? Doesn't it auto-load in Player_Server.lua (Script.Load("lua/RBPS.lua"))? Or doesn't Player_Server.lua get loaded unless -game is defined? Or can't it be loaded from Server.lua just like DAK is loaded? Sorry i'm a little confused here!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    wireaudio wrote: »
    Why the need for "-game ns2stats_server"? Doesn't it auto-load in Player_Server.lua (Script.Load("lua/RBPS.lua"))? Or doesn't Player_Server.lua get loaded unless -game is defined? Or can't it be loaded from Server.lua just like DAK is loaded? Sorry i'm a little confused here!
    If you don't include the "-game" launch option, NS2 will default to the original, non-ns2stats modded, files. This is how we had to run mods before the Steam Workshop system was implemented.
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    If you remove consistency checking for all lua files you are leaving your server wide open to exploiters. If you are running this server side only there shouldn't be any need to alter consistency checking, like with the DAK admin mod.
    edited March 2013
    If you remove consistency checking for all lua files you are leaving your server wide open to exploiters. If you are running this server side only there shouldn't be any need to alter consistency checking, like with the DAK admin mod.

Yes it prob can be installed like DAK, I don't know how DAK does it so I just explained one way to do it. But I think you can only remove consistency checks on ns2stats lua files, so thats about 30 files, but doesnt need to remove it from all, well the way DAK does it, is prob lot better. Or actually I don't even know if consistency checks need to be disabled. Just removed all client side modifications to make it server only.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yes it prob can be installed like DAK, I don't know how DAK does it so I just explained one way to do it. But I think you can only remove consistency checks on ns2stats lua files, so thats about 30 files, but doesnt need to remove it from all, well the way DAK does it, is prob lot better. Or actually I don't even know if consistency checks need to be disabled. Just removed all client side modifications to make it server only.
    At the worst, you would just have to add the modded ns2stats files to the excludes section in the consistency check. Downside is that this will increase your server load and map change time.
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    At the worst, you would just have to add the modded ns2stats files to the excludes section in the consistency check. Downside is that this will increase your server load and map change time.

Heh brings back memories from another discussion we were having... :P
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »

You only need to worry about consistency checking if the mod installs files to clients. A server side mod does not require any special treatment by consistency check because it is not comparing anything between the server and client (this is what consistency means in case anyone is confused - making sure clients' files are the same as the corresponding files on the server).

DAK can be run without having your server appear modded by inserting a line of code into the server.lua file that makes your server load all the DAK .lua files, which you place in the 'lua' folder. I would think you could do this with any mod that doesn't need any files to be run from the client. See here to see how DAK does it.