No descent track for deluxe edition? I am dissapointed

FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
It's a cool track, can we get it?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    we got special tracks, not map tracks. o.o
  • Apreche2Apreche2 Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154849Members
    I would also like that audio track.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    we got special tracks, not map tracks. o.o

We got thirsty onos bar track, why no descent club track?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    The special edition tracks were put together for the release of the game, so it just includes the tracks that were already done at that point. Since then, there have been several more club tracks that have been created for additional content to add to the game, and this descent club track was one of them. We would like to release the new tracks in some format, but it should probably be as a separate package, rather then just continuously updating the deluxe edition soundtrack with new tracks everytime we make them.

• CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Fair enough. Just know that at least some of us wouldn't mind the continuous updates AT ALL.

We want instant gratification and we want it now! :)
  • Apreche2Apreche2 Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154849Members
    NS2 - Club Mix. I'll buy that for a dollar!
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members
    The special edition tracks were put together for the release of the game, so it just includes the tracks that were already done at that point. Since then, there have been several more club tracks that have been created for additional content to add to the game, and this descent club track was one of them. We would like to release the new tracks in some format, but it should probably be as a separate package, rather then just continuously updating the deluxe edition soundtrack with new tracks everytime we make them.
    Please do this! The club tracks (especially the Gorgeous Trailer track - it has a kind of Gesaffelstein meets Michael McCann vibe) are the gf's favorite, and she's bummed that she can't put them on her phone.
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    They must still be shipped with the game. Can't they be extracted from whatever archive the music is stored in?
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    We would like to release the new tracks in some format ... rather then just continuously updating the deluxe edition soundtrack with new tracks everytime we make them.
    Why not? Isn't Steam MADE for things like this?

Also I REALLY like Descent's ambient music, it reminds me very much of System Shock 2. I'd like to see it added as well.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    lwf wrote: »
    They must still be shipped with the game. Can't they be extracted from whatever archive the music is stored in?
    Yeah, I've already done it. The music is in the FSBs, and can be extracted without too much trouble.

• FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Savant wrote: »
    lwf wrote: »
    Yeah, I've already done it. The music is in the FSBs, and can be extracted without too much trouble.
    Would you like to share?
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members

yeah,... why would you do that...
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/118938/tool-fsb-extractor

...Natural Selection 2\ns2\sound\my badass bank.fsb -> strip_12