Can i run it?

papabentopapabento Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183508Members
As the title says, do you think the game will run smooth on this specs?
Any opinion is welcome
Windows 7 /32bit
4 gb ram
Intel duocore @3gz
Radeon 4750HD
Thank you.

Comments

• DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No. I do not believe the game will run smooth with that setup. Your GPU isn't even up to par with a 9800 GT (sorry, Nvidia comparison), and I'm not sure what CPU you have. Is it a Core 2 Duo? If so, it will likely be able to run the game but it won't be a pleasant experience necessarily.

I'm just offering my thoughts. I do not have a similar setup myself. However, you can check the Benchmarks thread for something similar to your rig and see what kind of FPS you might get.

Benchmarks Thread:
    forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/119506/the-official-benchmarks-thread/p1
  • papabentopapabento Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183508Members
    Yes, its a core 2 duo, well thats sad, i can run BF3(medium) and Dayz(low) without lag spikes. Thank you.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It would probably run, but not well. The C2D is near the min requirements of the game.
    In a max fps situation, Aa off, etc, how much fps would it give
    Edit in specs:
    Ati 4800 series, dont know exact number
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Looks alot my "old" and broken rig.
    It peaks at 30fps, and can drop to watching a slideshow of screenshots in heavy combat.
    And from my experience, if you want to play and have a "reasonable" experience, as little combat and mayor focus on opjectives. (Cloaked sneakyness at random locations) are doable. But as sson as there is explotions or flames and stuff, you are buggered.
    Thanks for comment, wont buy it then.
    /closed
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited March 2013
    @papabento Should be said that its still vary much posible, to have loads of fun - despite not having the best of machines.
    @GISP , thanks just saying that i wont buy this game since without a decent frame rate, i can still play other games :) , i will be able to handle dayz SA , enought fun for me
    We are all a freindly bunch here on the forums @papabento - So by all meens, make it your home if you have plans on upgrading your rig :)
    Oh and speaking of games that any machine can run, you should check out Freelancer (one of my all time favorite games)
    Thanks once again, but it may take a couple of years, being poor sucks D:
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hate to see performance drive people away, but the reality is that I just benchmarked my rig on Descent for 20 minutes and here are the results:

Minimum FPS: 27
    Maximum FPS: 72
    Average FPS: 48

All settings maxed out.

My rig:
    CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6Ghz
    GPU: nVidia GTX 480
    RAM: 8GB 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X
    HDD: 120GB Mushkin SSD

This is a stark reminder that performance is still a huge issue. I think UWE needs to drop whatever they are doing right now and work on performance, performance, performance. NS1 was a huge success partly because it was playable on just about every system imaginable. NS2 would do better if it ran better on low-end systems.

OP: I hope you'll stick around and come back to NS2 when either the game is optimized or you get a new system. It really is an extremely fun game.

Cheers,
    Cody
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Even if you don't buy the game, feel free to watch some gameplay streams: http://ns2hub.com/streams.
    I might consider still buying, maybe if i disable every uncessesary thing and prioritize nc2 process, i might be able to get a decent frame rate. if i cant play, i will have a decent pc someday, since its in sale and i got some steam wallet spare money, i will join the community guys :)
    got 30 ish Fps , even in a big firefight, all suits rushing in enemys base :d, ty for the feedback guys, really apreciated :)
    papabento wrote: »
    got 30 ish Fps , even in a big firefight, all suits rushing in enemys base :d, ty for the feedback guys, really apreciated :)

Great to have you as a part of the community. Would you mind recording a benchmark according to the rules of the Official Benchmark Thread sometime (posted above)? It would really help the community out so they know what to expect if they have a similar setup to yours.

Thanks!
    Thats awesome!
    GISP wrote: »
    Thats awesome!
    I dont know how to make those fancy fps graphics, and i use razors gamebooster to terminate uncessary processes for extra fps
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    try a mild overclock on yoru cpu. going from 3.0 to 3.2ghz should give you about 4-7 fps boost.
    @rich_ thanks for the advice but i dont know how to, and how to begging from.
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    I went from ~2.88 to 3.15 C2D and didn't feel much change at all.
  • OuchOfDeathOuchOfDeath Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182825Members
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to point out that this game's GPU requirements are actually quite low (for low settings). I have a 5670 ($100 budget card 3 years ago) and the game is consistently limited by my FX-8120. I have to scale my resolution down to 1280x800 for the GPU to not be a bottleneck, but again keep in mind how terrible of a GPU this is. Your 4750 will be absolutely fine if you're ok with playing on lower settings. It's your CPU that is the biggest bottleneck here.

You'll be able to run the game, but expect FPS in the low 20s in late-game large fights. I'd highly recommend you do not play on servers with more than 16 people. Even 20 player servers run significantly slower than 16 player servers. It makes a big difference.