Minimal infestation is still broken

Arkahm719Arkahm719 Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151988Members
Have UWE addressed the issue with the minimal infestation yet? its been broken for awhile now, every now and then it works but 99 percent of the time its just looks like lawn clippings are strewn about the floor/

Comments

• MrNihilMrNihil Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183524Members
    Deal with it - Minimal infestation is for low-fps players and nerds who want no detail cover anything, so they don't care about how it looks. If you want prettier game - go with normal infestation instead of sight-seeing :)
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited March 2013
    How is that broken? Looks like its doing exactly what you asked it to do - provide minimal infestation effects! If you want more infestation turn it to full! lol..
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    There is still a bug with it... I forget exactly when it changed but I'll post a screenshot of it if I can remember to take one! It appears in strips with big gaps between them, especially between different vertical heights.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Strange, that is not at all what my minimal infestation looks like.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    Strange, that is not at all what my minimal infestation looks like.

What this guy said.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I honestly do not care if the minimal infestation (which I use) looks crappy. My only quarrel with it is that there are infestation-less areas where there should be infestation. I often get confused and ask my Comm to put a PG or something there until I realize its just broken infestation. Anyway, I can live with it since it gives me a solid FPS increase.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Here's what mine currently looks like (this is in Sewlek's balance mod, but it's the same in vanilla). It was broken in one of the pre-christmas updates I think, before that it looked great!

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Here's what mine currently looks like (this is in Sewlek's balance mod, but it's the same in vanilla). It was broken in one of the pre-christmas updates I think, before that it looked great!

Mine looks thesame. It wasn't always like this though. Started with b238 or something (when they did the infestation optimisations i think). Minimal infestation used to look pretty good before that to be honest. Now it's all patchy, with weird stripes everywhere.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    OP check that you don't have any mods active.
  • awwwsnapawwwsnap Join Date: 2012-09-20 Member: 160066Members
    You definitely have an infestation mod active that disables the "shiney-ness" of default infestation. I have the same mod. If you disable it, you'll fix your problem.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    @desther
    It has NOTHING to do with mods. Some people get this, some people don't.
    it's the way minimal infestation works, not mods affecting it, that is the problem here.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    i would love to have ops minimal infestation instead of the normal one tbh ^^
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    ops minimal infestation looks way better then normal minimal infestation. uwe should turn the bug into a feature
  • awwwsnapawwwsnap Join Date: 2012-09-20 Member: 160066Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    @desther
    It has NOTHING to do with mods. Some people get this, some people don't.
    it's the way minimal infestation works, not mods affecting it, that is the problem here.

You couldn't be more wrong... first pic is exactly how my infestation looks with the mod active, 2nd pic in the thread is how it looks with it being inactive. I just tested the differences when the gorgeous patch went live.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a problem as it's doing what you want. Giving you minimal infestation and all. It's just a bit more toned down in minimal settings now and scaled up in higher settings than it was during the autumn months. Obviously for performance... you guys must not remember getting a pretty significant FPS boost around the time they implemented the new minimal infestation graphics?
  • Arkahm719Arkahm719 Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151988Members
    Hmm whats the mod called? I dont often download anything really, but it looks like lawn clippings strewn about but then sometimes once in a while it looks like the one above. and Im not doing it for fps increase thats not my problem I just think the rich infestation looks like complete crap, its all pillowing and is just plain ol awful
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    edited March 2013
    Infestation only looks like that in servers that have consistency checking enabled. Just FYI.

Theres nothing you can do to change it or mod it out either I am afraid.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    MrNihil wrote: »
    Deal with it - Minimal infestation is for low-fps players

My reason.

Anyone else have a glitch where you can't see infestation as marine com?

• Arkahm719Arkahm719 Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151988Members
    well I deleted my mods folder after unsubscribing and still nothing...

so servers that check consistency make my minimal infestation look like crap and barely visible? why is that?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wish mine looked like that. So much better.
    My minimal infestation has lines and streaks everywhere. With black spots on the walls.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ever since b235 my minimal infest has looked worse, and often has parts "missing" even though an area is clearly infested. Which can make it hard to drop buildings.