This game is awesome ! But...

dwqrfdwqrf Join Date: 2013-02-08 Member: 182884Members
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Well, Ns2 Is great, it's a complete game, I think, and it's balanced.

But I would love to see some small new features that would make him even more complete (imo) without destroying the gameplay.

Marines :

-General
-Automatic pick-up of weapons; welders, or explosives when slot is empty. Make axe droppable.

-Weapons :
-Melee attack with Shotgun, GL, and Flame Thrower. Its boring to not have a right click. Come on, we are Space marines. YAAAR.
-Secondary attack with Pistol. A good single shoot doing loads of damage. Explosive bullet ?

-New Building : Tool Lab. Cost : 25 tres.
Allow research and sell :
-Welders
-Heat Google, to be able to spot clearly any form of life. Even invisible, indeed. Can be turned On and Off. Marines Only. Cost 5 pres.
-Jet Pack

-Armory :
-Mines. Cost 10 pres. Less health point; a Skulk should be able to snipe them off with parasit, in 4/5 hits.
-Grenades : Cost 10 pres, 3 grenades. Great damage against building; or eggs; or gorge. Especially gorges.
-Mines and Grenades are the same upgrade.

-Prototype Lab : 25 tres. For Exos Only.

-Railgun and Single Minigun Exo update :
-When you buy it as a marine, your main weapon can become the secondary weapon of the Exo.
-Works for Grenade Launcher and Flamethrower only. All others will give you Claws. (Shotgun and LMG; seems... weird. And Imba, prolly)
-Can buy GL and FT while in Exo.

-Spawns and Phase gate :
-Infantery portal does damage when channeling the spawning process. Not enough to kill one skulk, but enough to give and little advantage to the poor marine.
-Phase gate bounce ennemy or/and instant damage units on the exit path. Will force clever and tricky positioning of both the Phase Gate and the Alien bitting it.

Alien :

-Infestation :
-Hive need infestation or/and a connected cyst to be dropped. Cyst become therefor more valuable.
-Hive need a connection to connected cyst to build itself. Unconnected, it's still building but really slowly. Connected, it's building faster than actually.

-Eggs and Spawn :
-Number of eggs spawning should depend on number of players. No more problem on pubs of auto-egg lock.
-Focus on egg you are going to spawn in while in queue. Like Infantery portals. Makes it safer; and clear your mind after this stupid death.

-Hypermutation : Being able to choose 3 trait in end game. One per Hive. Whatever of em; even 2 of the same group.
-Level of upgrades. Just a level 2; of all upgrades. Being infused by the gorge; for 10 of his pres.
-Being able to change upgrades in the same life for a little pres price.

-Better invisibility. The new one is... interesting; but doesnt quite satifsfy me. I liked the old one; and i really love the idea of the new one (like The Hidden : Source). But the render is not that great (for my config).
-Better invisibility in mouvement; (Heat google has to counter something)

-Skulk :
-Xenocide. Being able to switch weapon and attack even after starting the combustion; and still explose. Xenocide shouldnt be cancellable. Dying while casting doesnt stop the explosion neither.

-Gorge :
-Clog. I hate that. I prefer Webs.
-Babbler. Bug fix : sometimes when a nice gorge babble you, you get some in the mouth and on the face and all of your abilites and attack cannot hit. Hitting babbler on your nose.
-Bile Bomb. I heard that bile bomb was stacking 4 times; per gorge. Would that be balanced to have it being stackable up to 6/8 times on a target but for the whole team ?. A single gorge would become stronger the longer he stacks his bilebomb; Double gorge bile bombing are going to be as powerfull as before; but three or more gorges cannot, then, be as strong as actually, being limited on the stack. But they can stack it up faster.

-Lerk :
-Spike. Really ? Spiting little teeth from whatever thing on the side of his head ? I would love to see something "realistic" like a single heavy drop of bile bomb, with big energy cost; being corrosive on life if there is no armor left. Not worth against building (unless to apply the dot while leaving). (Yeah, i know about beta bile bomb lerk; but i'm not asking that, i'm asking for something less spammy; I actually really love how the lerk is now; i'm just sharing idea.)
-Poison bite : It HAS to be possible to kill with poison. Combined with Lerk Bomb, you can leave a double-poisoned marine behind being sure he won't make it.

-Fade
-Shadow step. Being able to make it in the crosshair direction while jumping instead of being stuck on the ground. Just to make it easier for fast fade, even if they don't need it; just would make it more fun, and not that super-strong.

-Onos
-Charge. Should be the first upgrade, on two hive, unlocking Stomp. Cost 20 tres. Should cost a lot of Energy, and do tons a great amount of damage corresponding to the energy used (and so the speed) in the landing zone. Able to one shot marines without upgrades with a long charge. Great initiation damage to engage exo. If successed.
-Stomp. Second upgrades after charge. You should, i think, work again (or finish) the marines animation.

General :

-Different color for Commanders and Rookie.
-Yeah, I know, they are already supposed to be different. But you know what ? I'm color blind and I CAN'T see the difference of colors between Commander and Rookie. Sick ? Why not a nice blue for the commander, and a red for the khammander ?

-Commander's abilities :
-Being able to highlight zone, in red, green, or blue; If needed, to help people understand what's going on. Color will correspond to whatever comm decide so; but we can think of a generic understanding : Red would be considered as Uncontrolled area; blue will be Contested zone, and green Safe zone. Just to help out. Just to understand and share what's going on on the map. I know the dynamic of this game is not that simple; but i'm just asking for a tool.
-Theses Highlight will appear on both commander's maps and on player's map.

Ho yeah, And I forgot :
-Friendly fire. Start working already on marines particules when desintegrated by railgun.

That's all I can think off for now. I'll certainly update this post to continue/clarify my ideas. Would love to hear what you think of that.

Comments

• sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    this is what i think of all these "changes" some are valid i'll give you that, but some will completely change the game mechanics as you said in your FIRST sentence the game is balanced! then why do you want aliens
    nerf'd hard, you also said you are color-blind thats your problem not the game dev's, ask your teammates who is a rookie and who is commander its as simple as that. the onos is perfect in my opinion no need to change it, a bile bombing lerk is OP in my opinion, people like clogs the dev's could add this alien life form idea http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2058937/#Comment_2058937
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Babblers causing attack errors were fixed in the latest hotfix...
  • dwqrfdwqrf Join Date: 2013-02-08 Member: 182884Members
    edited March 2013
    then why do you want aliens
    nerf'd hard

I dont want them to be nerfed at all; I even would love some upgrades level !
    ask your teammates who is a rookie and who is commander its as simple as that.

I don't have any problem to know who is comm and who is rookie just looking at score board; i'm just pointing out a problem I encounter which is my personnal experience of this game :).