Bug stopping gun from firing

DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
edited May 2013 in Technical Support
A couple of times I've spawned and the rifle won't shoot until I switch to pistol. Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    I've had that from time to time too, also I have had a bug that prevented the weapon from reloading which was also fixed by switching weapons. I have not yet figured out what causes it.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    edited March 2013
    Its a known bug and has been a hard one to fix apparently. If you can provide repro steps or better yet get video of it that would be great.
  • EmooEmoo Ibasa Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11198Members
    Seems pretty random, had it happen a few times in fights and can't really say anything was reproducible.
    One thing that's similar is Onos hits seem to block reloading (at least when jumping), maybe that's related somehow.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    It happens with Aliens too. I checked my mouse and mouse software; clean and up-to-date. This is pissing me off!
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    This has been in game so long I am inclined to consider it a feature. Ive noticed it sometimes happens after a rifle melee.
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    I kept thinking my mouse or R key were broken!

I guess I'll just considered it bad luck when it happens.
  • buhehebuhehe Join Date: 2012-05-15 Member: 152140Members
    I once spawned with a LMG without ammo at all!
    I switched to pistol, than I tried switching back to LMG... but it had disappeared :l

Only happened once though, not a big deal.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It's an actual feature, guys. They implemented gun jams into the game. They wanted it to be more realistic, that's all :D
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    yeah. game is super buggy like that
    try playing commander for even more fail
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This bug is old. If I remember right, it had to do with animations, jumping and weapon switching.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    I have the same, or a related bug.

It can happen that when you leave a CC/Hive, you gun is firing/Skulks is biting like you are constantly pressing down the left mouse button.

Never happened before 240, unable to reproduce :p
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    I have a bug similar to the one hozz reported.

On many occasions: after welding or using the axe, and then switching back to LMG, the LMG is firing as if the M1 button were being pressed, even though it definitely isn't. Pressing and then releasing M1 causes the gun to stop firing.

This doesn't happen consistently, just frequently enough to be noticed. I haven't tried to reproduce it, which is why I haven't mentioned it before.

This never happened to me prior to 240.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    I jumped out of Hive as a Gorge and without clicking, I was permanently spitting. It stopped when I manually clicked to spit once.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited March 2013
    Forgot: the same can happen when you just spawned from an egg, you behave like the left mouse button is held down until you click again. 240 only.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    The auto fire bug coming out of cc or hive was known and introduced with gorgeous. It was fixed but came back. To reproduce : reset round while being a commander.

The rifle jam bug is the oldest bug this game has. Stomp was this close to being removed entirely because of it's propensity to cause this bug, and the difficulty in fixing it.

I've received reports of "melee then shoot " but tbh every combination of things we've tried (in the latest incarnation of this bug) have resulted in nothing
    If you can reliably reproduce this please message a pt or post in tech support

In the future please post any bug report threads in tech support forums, thanks!
  • HalfcentaurHalfcentaur Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182612Members
    I've had this happen.
    But it hasn't happened for a while now.
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've had this happen three times in a single match.
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    It happens nearly every time I buy a jetpack from the protolab. I don't know if that helps though...
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    I did notice it likes to pop-up during skulk encounters, while targeting aliens. If I'm alone or in base without any aliens nearby, the LMG issues seem to disappear.

Also, when the issue occurs, my pistol fires twice (maybe more times) per m1 click. I usually switch to pistol when this crap happens, since my LMG is unreliable and makes me not want to continue playing.
  • tonys44tonys44 Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183558Members
    Gidday All,
    Yea, this has happened to me a few times. I would say once every 5 or so matches.
    I correct the problem by switching weapons briefly, then back to rifle.
    As an ex Australian army soldier (1983 - 1988), I experienced rifles jamming once in a while. It happens.
    I don't know if its a game glitch or a feature, but its there and I feel reflects real life experiences.
    So I'm not that freaked out.
    Running out of ammo is more concerning, in my mind.... But that is really on me.
    Also sticky places on the different maps; a bigger concern.
    And, once every 10 or so matches, the game doesn't open after a map change. My screen just stays black. I restart the game.
    Well that is my 10 cents.
    Enjoy.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This can't be right... There are no bugs in NS2. Have you tried turning it off and on? Is it plugged in to the wall?
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    This can't be right... There are no bugs in NS2. Have you tried turning it off and on? Is it plugged in to the wall?

I can't see if it's plugged in. Stupid power outage. Let me find a flashlight.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want you to know that my last death was because of this jam. I mean, guns do jam though so, that gritty realism had me very immersed.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    Dress it up with a animation and ui warning and call it a feature, we've had it for so long.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pretty sure it has to do with the deploy animations of weapons, and how you can interrupt that anim so the tag never triggers, which never sets your weapon as 'deployed' which prevents you from doing anything.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    xdragon it also happens randomly when the gun is already drawn. sometimes it jams in the middle of firing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Going through the archives, I've found the previous issue with weapons jamming... It (still) appears to have something to do a combination of the CC, frantic jumping and firing while slapping the rifle butt at aliens buttholes...

And yes that is exactly what I did to make it jam, however I couldn't repro it a second time... It's also the weirdest sentence I've ever written down...

Random issue is random and quite annoying along side, returning once in a while...
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    edited March 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Need repro steps!

Buy a jetpack from proto lab with an LMG. Try to fire... this reproduces the problem for me 90% of the time. I haven't tested if this effects others the same, but 90% of the time when I buy a jetpack with an LMG it freezes. I noticed it mostly in the last 2 builds.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    More often that not being able to shoot, I need to swap weapons back to even reload.