Is there a reason we can't concede/eject comm while dead now?

ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
As the title says.... or has this been fixed in 241 and just not listed in the changelog? (havent' had a chance to play 241.)

Comments

• DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I haven't been able to for as long as I can remember...
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    No, I'm pretty sure you could in 239.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Upon death, your Nanites are inactive and will return %NAN% when called by other functions. Thus, vote concede will not execute when it attempts to use members of the Nanite class.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    Bug that wasn't high enough in priority over other things.
    Its known. :)
    Also please post bugs in the tech support forums in the future, thanks
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Actually I think this is pretty good: It prevents some rage concedes because they got killed.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Its just a bug that's been in since vote concede was implemented in B239. Essentially, you can vote concede/eject when your spawning (i.e. camera view on the IP or egg), but not when your waiting in the spawn queue (i.e. when you can spec other players).
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    IronHorse wrote: »

I think he was actually concerned it was a "feature", at least that's how his query struck me.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    amoral wrote: »
    IronHorse wrote: »

I think he was actually concerned it was a "feature", at least that's how his query struck me.

^^this

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Upon death, your Nanites are inactive and will return %NAN% when called by other functions. Thus, vote concede will not execute when it attempts to use members of the Nanite class.

Error in Marine response #56922701: Not A Nanite
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Squishpoke wrote: »

Error in Marine response #56922701: Not A Nanite

solid gold pun. Well done.
  • JCDentonJCDenton Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183768Members
    I always found it funny that as Alien, if you want to eject your commander because you are egglocked, you need to be alive, to eject him, which means you aren't egglocked anymore