Idea single player

warbrand2warbrand2 Join Date: 2010-12-13 Member: 75657Members
I know this one is very unlikely to happen as this is a purely PvP game but still here is an idea for a single player story or at least the base of the idea as posting the hole thing would be a waist of time this topic will cover my idea for a tutorial and intro level for a single player story.

back story: in the single player you play as a security guard for a asteroid mining company, when all goes crazy as the miners drill into a dormant kaharaa hive. during the events the player gets co-opted into the hive (explained by the character having a adverse reaction to nano tech meaning they don't haven nanites so aren't immune)

Guard in training(tutorial)
guard in training starts with the main character who we will call steve for now (name needs changed) entering a training facility with 5 other people all in civilian clothing. the player then goes over the basic movement keys and look controls and is told to follow the other 5 people to the suiting station to get geared up. upon entering the locker room you will see the other 5 people putting on the armor over their cloths unlike the military arm in the multiplayer the campaign armor doesn't have a helmet but does have a google glass like apperatise. once geared up the player then is told to enter a custom training area similar to the half life training stage, only difference is its high tech. in this training area the player is introduced to a suppression rifle, which is a 10 shot semiautomatic rifle with a scope. the tutorial is pretty basic and will mostly teach things needed for both multiplayer and single player. it will not teach more than just the basics of commanding (you players being trained as a guard not a commander the training for it is encase of emergency)

JUST another day?(level one)
just another day starts with steve armed and on a tram with 2 other guards and about 6 miners and a unarmed exo suit(used to carry heavy items in this case a drill head). one of the guards starts talking to the player soon after the tram starts aprox idea for lines
guard one "hey steve can't believe you got lower mine duty 3 days in a row who did you piss off"
guard two " he probably volunteered for this like me john not every one is as lazy as you are."
guard one "I am not lazy I just prefer dockign duty."
guard two "My point all that is... is pushing a button when the supply ships dock."
guard one "there's more to it than that, I got to check to see if the Exos are working when they come in."
miner " will you two shut up, I am trying to listen to the coms"
(during this hole time the coms are giving news like what time it is and when docking charts are dew or something)
once the ride is over the miners and other 2 guards get off the tram with you. the exo suit is lifted off via a crane and proceeds to inter the mine. once in the mine you will notice that it looks like a massive quarry built underground with many levels and workers. most of which are using a laser cutting tool that is held similar to the flamethrower.the player must make their way down to the bottom level of the quarry where some exo suits are being used to push a large tunnel bore. upon getting to the ramp to the bottom level the bore will break through to some sort of cavern.
"all personnel with have pocket in quarry 3, remain calm and move to nears exit points while security personnel investigate."
the player is to then make their way to the hole but before you get near infestation starts growing out of it and some gorges and skulks enter the mine. at this point the other guards start firing on the hostiles and even a civilian exo starts trying to bash some of them.
"all personnel this is not a drill with have a kaharaa infestation. please make your way to nearest evac pods on the double military personnel have been advised of situation"(message loops 3.5 times (power goes out during 4th). as the kaharaa exit form the hole the guards try to hold the ground and pull back to the tram station at the top.
guard commander:(in a chair at the top near the tram) "all security personnel in quarry levels 1-b12 hold lines, personnel on levels b13 and lower fall back to b12 I repeat fall back to b12"
b12 being only 4 levels above the player during the breach, the player must use their rifle and pistol to fight off skulks and gorges till they get to b13 at which point some lerks show up and start gassing the area the gas put off by the lerks knocks the player out. and this ends the level. the next level would start with the player waking up in a bunker near the tram. but not posting the rest of my idea as one, it stands no chance of ever happening and two, I suck at righting down my ideas.

Comments