Descent is brilliant - Now Refinery really "shines" through as being dull

13»

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I used to hate refinery, how it was on release build was AWFUL. BUT it's been made SO much better by it's last two changes, now it's actually enjoyable. If you really want to rip on a bad map, mineshaft is always around.

Also, @Zek Summit is the best map!
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    I honestly think the thing that would set refinery apart the most, is to make it the "scary" map. Dump some blood and dead bodies into the map, make the lights flicker a little bit, add some creepy ambient sounds... it seems to me like it would be a small amount of effort and would make the map much more unique and interesting.

I know that NS2 isn't a horror game, but a lot of the material that Ns2 was influenced by was pretty dark and scary. I think you'd be doing everyone a service by playing the horror aspect up a little more, at least on one map. <3

This sort of stuff is what I was hoping for. Would be nice to have a sort of.... shudder sound or feeling when the power is removed from a room that makes you think what the hell is crawling around?!

Perhaps in public (not in competitive) there could be false skulk sounds like the player is hearing things out of fear just to give that extra bit of immersion with power being taken out. Right now there isn't much feeling when it happens. I like that Refinery is dark and grungy but I don't think enough is done in giving that fear factor of walking "alone in the dark".

I've removed the word "crap" from the title as it's just a word I didn't think was that big a deal. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103759/not-a-big-deal

I think with a better atsmophere using sounds and eerie ambient sounds it could be perfect!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Therius wrote: »
    Why do I get announcements every time someone responds to this thread, and this thread alone?

Uncheck the star on this thread.