celerity sound and lerk

Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
not sure if its a bug, but i just wanted to point out that a few patches ago, UWE removed celerity sound and screen effects however, it is not removed for the lerk, intentional? or bug, overall i hope it does get removed/fix

that is all,

P.S, remove tracers for lerk spikes, instead have a little green smoke coming out of its mouth when firing spikes so you can see it in the dark when you look at is as opposed to tracers saying, HEY IM OVER HERE AND WAITING FOR YOU TO SHOOT ME DOWN!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    That isn't the celerity sound. It's always been there even for non-celerity Lerks back when celerity did make the WHOOSH sound.

I'd love to see the Lerk and Hydra tracers work like normal tracers, once every shot instead of ALL OF THEM :P
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    edited March 2013
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    That isn't the celerity sound. It's always been there even for non-celerity Lerks back when celerity did make the WHOOSH sound.

I'd love to see the Lerk and Hydra tracers work like normal tracers, once every shot instead of ALL OF THEM :P

Any day I can bring this video up is a good day :D . For most machine guns I think tracers are every 5th to 8th round. The other 4-7 bullets are invisible to the eye. 10 seconds in really gets the point across.

Edit. I think you meant to say 'once every OTHER shot...'
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    Lerks shoot faster than a mini gun!
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Lerks aren't machine guns. They don't load their ammo boxes with mixed rounds. It would do awful things to my aesthetic sensibilities if spike tracers worked like that.

I think the trace effect just needs to be less heavy and dissipate faster.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members

Which makes me wonder about those tracers anyway.
    The Lerk's spikes are pretty much insta-hit with no gravitational penalty, so there shouldn't be a need for tracerrounds.
    So for an evolving lifeform, it makes no sense to even "research" it...that's not how evolution works.

Instead, how about giving the Lerk's spike-nozzles a faint glow when being used?
    A marine will have to start searching for it, in far away dark corners.
    Makes the confrontation much more fun and balanced imo...because he's hunting a stealthy lifeform.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

Definitely agree with this, its been scarily easy to pinpoint lerks locations and down them the past few days.