Fun Game Last Night! (a "cool story bro" story)

eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Went alien comm on a fully populated 24 player rookie server.

Started at subsector on Veil. Expanded to nano, cargo, and pipeline RTs.

Rines pushed overlook hard. I dropped celerity spur hidden behind the crates in cargo. Dropped the cargo hive then a shift beneath.

It was an epic fight, but Marines managed to kill every alien and took down subsector. I managed to escape the entire rine team when I burst from the destroyed hive....ran to cargo, gorged, healed hive from 85% to completion, jumped into hive, spammed eggs from my shift.

Being the ONLY alien alive, getting that hive to completion, and getting the eggs down just as the marine cargo rush occurred was exhilarating.

We ended up winning this game with three hives!

This was definitely a favorite Natural Selection moment.

Comments

• FunkyFungusFunkyFungus Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20691Members
    congrats! :)>-

these moments are the reason why the game is so addictive ^^
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm surprised your team didn't concede. Because that's what they do most of the time and that is what makes comeback almost impossible.
  • briatxbriatx Join Date: 2013-01-18 Member: 180352Members
  • Zenn3kZenn3k Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183506Members
    eliotmat wrote: »
    Went alien comm on a fully populated 24 player rookie server.

Started at subsector on Veil. Expanded to nano, cargo, and pipeline RTs.

Rines pushed overlook hard. I dropped celerity spur hidden behind the crates in cargo. Dropped the cargo hive then a shift beneath.

It was an epic fight, but Marines managed to kill every alien and took down subsector. I managed to escape the entire rine team when I burst from the destroyed hive....ran to cargo, gorged, healed hive from 85% to completion, jumped into hive, spammed eggs from my shift.

Being the ONLY alien alive, getting that hive to completion, and getting the eggs down just as the marine cargo rush occurred was exhilarating.

We ended up winning this game with three hives!

This was definitely a favorite Natural Selection moment.

I believed your story up until you said you went from 0 hives to 3 hives and won. Unless the marine team LET you win or suddenly became really dumb after they killed your hive, this simply did not happen. You had no upgrades at probably about 10 minutes. Marines certainly had w1 and a1 by then if not level 2, and probably jetpacks shortly after they took sub.

Sorry, I don't believe you.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Reminds me of the old NS1.03 comebacks (pre ping-of-death) where the Marines had killed all hives but didn't lock them down with turrets, and were just bug-hunting the one or two Kharaa left. Remember on three separate occasions being a Gorge and having the res to sneak a Hive up again (no PoD = no Marine alert that there was a hive going up again when it stops)... sheer terror that I'd be found out, and the team going APE**** over voicecomms when we started spawning in again. Actually came back from zero-hive with that element of surprise to win on two of the incidents.

Absolute RUSH.

Then it got patched out because people whined about Marines not wanting to have to hunt down the last trolly Skulk hiding somewhere on the map, some games. A team votekill would have done the same thing in 95% of all cases (unless there was just a troll-team) without robbing us of that possibility/experience.
  • eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zenn3k wrote: »

I believed your story up until you said you went from 0 hives to 3 hives and won. Unless the marine team LET you win or suddenly became really dumb after they killed your hive, this simply did not happen. You had no upgrades at probably about 10 minutes. Marines certainly had w1 and a1 by then if not level 2, and probably jetpacks shortly after they took sub.

We did have an upgrade - the celerity spur, as I mentioned. With the second hive I was able to quickly get carapace for the team.

The marines were so determined to take the initial hive that they neglected pipeline and the resource war. We quickly had lerks and a decent fade that were able to take care of the jetpackers.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    xen32 wrote: »
    I'm surprised your team didn't concede. Because that's what they do most of the time and that is what makes comeback almost impossible.

Can't vote concede when dead anymore D:
    But after they spawned, yes, I am surprised as well :p

We did have an upgrade - the celerity spur, as I mentioned. With the second hive I was able to quickly get carapace for the team.

The marines were so determined to take the initial hive that they neglected pipeline and the resource war. We quickly had lerks and a decent fade that were able to take care of the jetpackers.

You said the spur was in cargo, which you said was destroyed. How did the cargo spur survive the death of the hive and lack of bacteria (creep) to keep it alive? Even if it was perfectly hidden and no marines saw it...it still would have died on its own in short order.
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members

You said the spur was in cargo, which you said was destroyed. How did the cargo spur survive the death of the hive and lack of bacteria (creep) to keep it alive? Even if it was perfectly hidden and no marines saw it...it still would have died on its own in short order.

I think you should read the OP again. Sub was rushed and destroyed...
    lumina wrote: »

I think you should read the OP again. Sub was rushed and destroyed...

Brain disconnect, happens when I forum lerk at werk ;)