Planning to Buy the Deluxe Edition? READ THIS

KeavonKeavon Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183644Members
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
If you are planning to buy the Deluxe Edition of NS2, please help me out.

Please buy a separate copy of NS2 and the Deluxe Upgrade (they're the same price together or separate).

Then let me trade you my copy of the Deluxe Edition for the separated normal edition + deluxe upgrade.

Two friends of mine both gave me a copy of NS2, and one was the Deluxe Edition. I accidentally redeemed the non-Deluxe Edition but wanted the Deluxe Edition.

Basically it's like this:
My Deluxe Edition of Natural Selection to for your Natural Selection 2 Normal Edition + Deluxe Edition Upgrade.

You still get the Deluxe Edition for the same price (actually 1 cent cheaper), but you help me out as well.

If you play TF2, I can give you a few items as a thank you for helping me.

Please add me as a friend on Steam so we can talk: http://steamcommunity.com/id/keavon/

EDIT: It seems there is some confusion. The Deluxe Edition includes the game + the deluxe content. The normal edition includes just the game. The upgrade includes just the deluxe content.
I have the Deluxe Edition (game + deluxe content) and want to trade for an individual copy of the game by itself, and also the deluxe content by itself.
The Deluxe Edition costs the same as the standard edition + the deluxe content upgrade.

I basically need somebody to break up my bundle of Game + Deluxe Content into two separate items, 1) game, and 2) the Deluxe content.

You still get the Deluxe Edition that you were going to buy, for the same price, but you also help me out, and you also get some TF2 items (if you want them).

I hope this clears up what I am asking for.

Comments

• FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    So, you get two copies of the game, and they get one?
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    No, he's wanting to trade his full Deluxe edition for someone's Deluxe edition upgrade. Both would get full Deluxe versions of the game.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    edited March 2013
    then you end up with a normal + deluxe version... which you already have...

so how is it helping you out and not just waste of everyone's time? :/
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    tarquinbb wrote: »
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    No, he's wanting to trade his full Deluxe edition for someone's Deluxe edition upgrade. Both would get full Deluxe versions of the game.

he asked for their normal + deluxe upgrade.
    Which is exactly 1 copy.
    current1y wrote: »

Which is exactly 1 copy.

i'm missing why trading 1:1 is beneficial for either party.
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members

He accidentally redeemed the Non-deluxe version and was hoping that somebody would trade him so that he could play the deluxe version on his account.

Plus he offered tf2 stuff for helping him, if you're into that kinda thing i guess.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Which is exactly 1 copy.

He has standard on his account and deluxe in his inventory. By doing this trade, OP will have deluxe on his account and standard in his inventory.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    It's not that it's beneficial, what he is asking is for a *favour*.

He has activated a copy of NS2-standard, and he has a copy of NS2-deluxe (full) to trade. If someone was to trade him a copy of NS2-standard and a copy of the upgrade for his NS2-deluxe (full), then he could use the deluxe upgrade on his own account, and gift away the NS2 standard. (since he only needs the upgrade)

He also offered some TF2 stuff to thank the person for their trouble. In short, he's just asking for a favour so he can get deluxe version on his own copy of NS2, since he's not able to redeem the deluxe (full) edition given that he has activated the standard edition already. (although even if he could it would be a waste.)

I wish I could help you out OP, but perhaps this explanation will help encourage someone else.
    Savant wrote: »
    It's not that it's beneficial, what he is asking is for a *favour*.

He has activated a copy of NS2-standard, and he has a copy of NS2-deluxe (full) to trade. If someone was to trade him a copy of NS2-standard and a copy of the upgrade for his NS2-deluxe (full), then he could use the deluxe upgrade on his own account, and gift away the NS2 standard. (since he only needs the upgrade)

He also offered some TF2 stuff to thank the person for their trouble. In short, he's just asking for a favour so he can get deluxe version on his own copy of NS2, since he's not able to redeem the deluxe (full) edition given that he has activated the standard edition already. (although even if he could it would be a waste.)

I wish I could help you out OP, but perhaps this explanation will help encourage someone else.

can't he then gift away his own standard copy and redeem his own deluxe?

lol i have a feeling i'm over-thinking this.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    He's already redeemed his standard copy.
  • KeavonKeavon Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183644Members

Unfortunately it's impossible to un-redeem a copy on your account, so I need the Deluxe Upgrade to get the Deluxe Edition.

Which is exactly 1 copy.

It is beneficial to me because I get the Deluxe edition. It is beneficial to the other party because they get some free TF2 stuff for their trouble.
    There is no loss from either party (well I would lose some TF2 items, but that's fine).
    Keavon wrote: »

Unfortunately it's impossible to un-redeem a copy on your account, so I need the Deluxe Upgrade to get the Deluxe Edition.

oh... i thought if someone else got the deluxe upgrade then they would have to have a redeemed copy of ns2 on their account.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    Awesome old women discussion going on here. "What did he say? ... Oh, he didn't!"

:D
    countbasie wrote: »
    Awesome old women discussion going on here. "What did he say? ... Oh, he didn't!"

:D

Lol, very true. BACK ON TOPIC! Wait... what topic is there except to hope that somebody sees this? In that case: bump!
  • sushifxsushifx Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183637Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @keavon add me trying to help you out