A Thank You To the Developers

JusticeBladeJusticeBlade Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11440Members
Thank you, Unknown Worlds.

You have made such an amazing game. I've been here since the beginning, like many others who have posted in the forums. I have been through every patch, every tense moment as a Skulk chasing pray, or a Marine performing feats of near suicidal bravado. I have seen glitches, bugs, one-sided matches, in-balanced gameplay and some questionable design choices in my time playing from Natural Selection as a Half-Life Mod till now when you've finally released your final product. I have loved and hated them all at times, and have shared many hilarious or frustration experiences through them.

I'm not here to criticize however, but to deliver a message. Your game is fun. It is fun for me and held my attention since it was released as a Half-Life Mod till now. I have invested in your pre-orders and offers, bought the game for several friends even, and every time I do not have the slightest bit of remorse or regret. You are a company I am proud to be a customer of and a developer of games I fully enjoy and support.

There are many opinions, criticisms, advice and suggestions from many fans out here on the forums, and I've seen many of you watch and reply to them. It takes a lot of strength of character and humility to face such things every day of every hour and that brings me to my message.

You have kept me as a player of your game, and I have faith in you as a company. You have brought a great game to not only me but to those around me whom I have vouched my support for your game to and for each friend I have referred to your game, a plethora of praise and satisfaction has found it's way back to me.

Keep doing what you're doing Unknown Worlds, your a pretty darn awesome company, and you've made one of my favorite games of all time.

Comments

• KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ditto.

Thumbs up UWE.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Thanks for the kind words, Justice, and you are very welcome.
  • ToastieToastie Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167351Members
    I must voice this same opinion, especially so after gorgeous, which really was an awesome update.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I can only agree wholeheartedly. I've got quite a few recent AAA games in my steam library barely touched. Since NS2 came out, I havee no need of any of them!

Keep doing what you're doing, you're really onto a winning formula with the way you run your business!
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    Dito. My jaw dropped when playing NS2 for the first time. This was created by a small indie team?! Seeing infestation grow, seeing the power go off in rooms and jumping into a mech for the first time... damn!

Seeing the gorge tunnels I felt the same way, so damn awesome.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Great post! The development of NS2 was a long journey for them and I remember seeing the first teaser trailers few years back - I couldn't wait for it! But now it's here and it's damn good. Worth the wait!
  • Zenn3kZenn3k Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183506Members
    edited March 2013
    Disagree. Gorge patch was bad, broke game balance and made it nearly impossible to get a good game going as marines dominate from start to finish and the alien team basically sits on 2 res nodes all game until the marines finally get bored enough to walk into the hive with exos. Thats literally EVERY game I've played in, the only times aliens win these days is when they sneak attack the IPs. Literally, no joke here, I've seen aliens win twice out of my last 30 or so. I've comm'ed aliens and marines during this time...marines always win.
  • Salraine_ChiSalraine_Chi Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107669Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good to see a positive post and agree with the OP. As a working person with many other hobbies I don't get as much time to game as I would like. NS2 has been my number 1 for a few years now. Its been great to watch it grow. Thanks UW

Sal
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited March 2013
    Its always surprising how noisy a small group of people can be when they are displeased with something. It's good to see a positive thread that reflects the opinions of the vast majority of us who are very pleased with UWE's efforts and continued support of the game.
    My guess is that we've all just been too busy actually enjoying the game and the wonderful new content to spam the forums with our positive feedback. Sure the game isn't perfect but I feel it gets better with every patch and I believe I speak for 99.9% of the NS2 community when I say Congrats and thanks on an awesome patch.
    *Edit: typo*
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    The forums have been toxic. This post has been a breath of fresh air.

Thank you, JusticeBlade, for taking the time to say what so desperately needed to be said. And thank you, UWE. Please keep it up.
  • evil fluffyevil fluffy Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162627Members
    I have to say the same from me I would play more ns2, but currently in process of getting a new computer (one I have is under min requirements, but after previous patches my fps 20-30 on low with rich infestation). A lot of people complain and don't understand how hard this is (after taking classes to do the programming I can say it isn't easy). Keep it up UWE you are truly an inspiration to people like me who want to get into this business.