NS2 Slow Load and Bad Exit

ZeplintwoZeplintwo Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183486Members
edited March 2013 in Technical Support
I have jsut been about thought all of the Techs support items to try and get the new patch to work. but i can not get the game to find any servers. The client will take 1 to 2 minutes to load from the NS2.exe file and from steam it can take up to 5 minutes. Once the client loads it will not exit. The ns2.exe file process is still in the processes tab for Task Manager with 116MB of memory being used. Also the Client will hang at a Black Screen that will not allow any window under it to work. I have 4 monitors so i can see what is going on to the system outside of the game while it is not running.

Things i have done to try and help this out and not in the order that i did them.
Updated nVidia Driver
Deleted all local Files via Steam
Cleared cache folder via File manager
Ran integrity checks via steam some times good other times files missing.
Reinstalled DirectX from NS2 folders
Shutdown and gave computer a cool down cycle.
Restarted after any change

I have added my DXdiag as a attachment for viewing.

I hate to think that my system can not run NS2 but it would be strange.

Any help would be appreciated because currently the game is unplayable.

Comments

• puelopuelo Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182730Members
    Having the same issue since this patch. Random freezes in the game menu and i can't close the game. It will stay open till i restart my computer..
  • ZeplintwoZeplintwo Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183486Members
    I have no idea what i did to correct but i do not have this error any more.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    try to check event viewer in windows, for the same time period this happens.
    I have no clue, would like more info. :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Shot in the dark: you are not running any programs that have overlays, are you? i.e. teamspeak or mumble? Also try disabling anti virus programs and any other 3rd party apps. You can always (its risky so be sure you know what you are doing) type "run" in the start/windows search bar, then type "msconfig" then go to the startup tab and be sure to disable any non essential and/or microsoft services.

Other than that... i really cant imagine what it could possibly be. Taking 5 minutes to load from steam is almost unheard of, i believe.