Gorgeous Update: My observations thus far

2»

Comments

• puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    @kelevra386 that's what I assumed.. I think they are the answer to the missing hive teleportation feature from NS1.

• BadevilBadevil Join Date: 2009-07-04 Member: 68028Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    First time I saw the Lerk trace I though OMG he has missiles Oo.
    It looks like
    many_missiles-thumb-500x287.jpg
    and feels like
    2408941.jpg

As Marine I love the new speed of the Skulks it is like Moorhen shooting it is so easy to kill them.
    Playing as Skulk feels like you know I found a picture for it
    336830_m0w522h400q75v47022_Seniorin-mit-Rollator.jpg
    but than I realized that my granny would be much more faster...

I want the Speed back, it was for me much more funnier as Marine and as Alien.
    Buff the Speed
    rollator-kl.gif
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I've only played a few games of Gorgeous, but I know in those games Aliens lost simply because we had too many people going gorge and messing around with the little babblers.

I remember trying one of my infamous bile rushes as a gorge and being smashed just about instantly, probably because of the new alert system that actually works.

I think the main thing is that Aliens just need a little strategy readaptation. It seems like alien teamwork became more essential since the patch. No one is used to how all this new stuff plays in yet, but once the dust settles and people figure it out, we'll start seeing some impressive games going on.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    Yeah, give people a couple days to satisfy their urge to goof around with babblers and tunnels and I think things will improve a bit.
  • gnoarchgnoarch Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156802Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Just played some rounds and have to say that I really like it so far.

firstly, the railgun exo is fcking awesome. Imo way better than dual exo because on range it is really good with decent aim and you can bash skulks and fades with the claw quite well. paired with the improved speed it is the perfect link between slow dual exo and quick marine. I really enjoyed plaing it.

Also, it seems that aliens loose way more often now. but I really think this is because of at least 50% of them going gorge and spending all their res. We talked about the aliens needing some pres sinks and thus far there they are.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited March 2013
    played a round, marines do seem much better now, but as aliens we won on descent. it all looked lost when marines took fabrication from us and left aliens sitting on 2 hives, but luckily the marines stacked 5 exos and aliens managed to hit the marines where they werent paying attention and whittle the exos down before they managed any real damage. great game but certainly closer than it would have been pre-patch even thoguh the marines were the stacked team. marines had around 5 guys with great kill death ratios and aliens had just 2
  • Zenn3kZenn3k Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183506Members
    Yeah the marine win bias is so heavy now I don't really feel like loading up the game.

Why play when the outcome is basically already cemented before the round even begins?

Before the patch, I'd see about 50/50 win ratios on random servers, felt like Aliens win a lot of the more disorganized games...now the marines are winning the disorganized matches, which is really odd.

Weren't marines already dominate in organized matches? Why did they need to be even better?
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Zenn3k wrote: »
    Yeah the marine win bias is so heavy now I don't really feel like loading up the game.

Why play when the outcome is basically already cemented before the round even begins?

Before the patch, I'd see about 50/50 win ratios on random servers, felt like Aliens win a lot of the more disorganized games...now the marines are winning the disorganized matches, which is really odd.

Weren't marines already dominate in organized matches? Why did they need to be even better?
    The supposed alien win bias was definately around before the patch. It's not that aliens never win now. No game's outcome is decided before the game is played.
    Like I said, right now the new stuff hasn't been integrated into the strategies we had before. No one really knows what to do with these babblers and such yet. Once we figure this stuff out, you can be sure to see some pretty epic games.

For a base rush to work now as aliens, it takes more than one gorge and one skulk. Now it's more like the marines way of pushing the majority of the team in at once, tunnels will make that easier in theory.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Unfortunately, many of the first few games are going to be garbage because most aliens are going to go gorge and most marines are going to rush railgun exos to play with the pretty new toys. It shouldn't be surprising that in a matchup between gorges and railguns, marines have the upper hand. Give it a few days and the matches should be much better.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I agree with those previously, give it a few days.. Let people learn the map and figure out the changes. I for one love descent and think its a fantastic map to play on
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    my observation so far is 1.7Gb coming down at 300kb/s :( but the view out of my window makes up for the 4Mb ADSL.