How does Gorgeous Work? - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageHow does Gorgeous Work? - Natural Selection 2

These pretty looking tubes may be researched by Alien Commanders for 30pres, with one Hive. Once researched, Gorges must build both an entrance and an exit to create a connection. Each tunnel entrance/exit costs 10pres.

Read the full story here

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This pleases me greatly
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2013
    Drop the damn changelog already! :(
  • DavishBliffDavishBliff Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183453Members
    edited February 2013
    The plural of Onos should be "Onoi". It would only be "Onii" if the singular were "Onius", and it would be "Oni" if the singular were "Onus". It's Greek, not Latin.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    You mean 30tres right?
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    Neoken wrote: »
    You mean 30tres right?
    yes
  • hankyhanky Join Date: 2011-08-28 Member: 118944Members
    What if your in a tunnel and both ends are destroyed? (you die?) Or one end(you have to run back? or pop up back at the start?)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    The plural of Onos should be "Onoi". It would only be "Onii" if the singular were "Onius", and it would be "Oni" if the singular were "Onus". Shit's Greek, not Latin.
    plural of Onos is Onos or this
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited March 2013
    Pretty sure it's Oni*, but I'm too excited to care. Can't wait to see the burst/time DPS graphs for miniguns vs railguns.

I presume we also get Mini/Rail Exosuits, and Dual Railguns as well?
  • VexillVexill Join Date: 2013-02-15 Member: 183083Members
    edited March 2013
    If there were Dual Railgun's it would have upsides and downsides. Upsides will be you will be able to instantly kill an Onos if both charges are at max. Which would be OP.

Downsides are that if you supposedly miss both shots, you are very vulnerable, and that fist may save your life in more times than one!

It's best to keep it to one Railgun just so nobody gets cheated of the classes that cost high res!

So in my opinion this would be more like an ARC but does damage to both buildings and aliens!
  • WoollySammothWoollySammoth Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183062Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The plural of Onos should be "Onoi". It would only be "Onii" if the singular were "Onius", and it would be "Oni" if the singular were "Onus". Shit's Greek, not Latin.
    plural of Onos is Onos or this

From what i recall Onos are named after the phrase "Oh, no" which means they are constructed by english speaking people, speaking english, in an english phrase. It's not latin, so it's doubtful it's a second declension, masculine, latin noun. The plural of Onos should be Onoses. If you're gonna give them a wrong pluralisation at least call them Onopodes, which is just way cooler because it makes them more like octopodes. :p
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How exactly does babbler armor work? I noticed that my babblers would just sort of fall off after awhile, even if I wasn't using the hl2 pheromone thingy.
  • Arkahm719Arkahm719 Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151988Members
    Aliens didnt need another way to sneak a gorge into marine bases, now with gorge tunnels it makes it easier. Just played some very frustrating games as marines, Rail gun exo is just awful, and no dual rail gun either. give more mobility to an already agile team, makes sense
  • agallochagalloch Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168650Members
    Arkahm719 wrote: »
    Aliens didnt need another way to sneak a gorge into marine bases, now with gorge tunnels it makes it easier. Just played some very frustrating games as marines, Rail gun exo is just awful, and no dual rail gun either. give more mobility to an already agile team, makes sense

Exactly. I don't get why they are adding MORE mobility to the alien team. Aliens are extremely overpowered and the only thing that marines get is a rail gun which is hard to hit compared to all that aliens get.

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Railgun exo is amazing, don't know what game you've been playing. Moments like in the trailer where you're getting a kill every shot for 5 shots in a row were happening basically from the second i hopped in.
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    agalloch wrote: »

Exactly. I don't get why they are adding MORE mobility to the alien team. Aliens are extremely overpowered and the only thing that marines get is a rail gun which is hard to hit compared to all that aliens get.
    It's not exactly MORE mobility at all. Yes, they have more options, but considering it costs not only THIRTY team res, but there's also personal res coming from the Gorge—plus, the tunnel entrances collapse very easily to damage.

Unless you're complaining about lopsided content, the tunnels have been well balanced (...well, we'll see).
    Rail gun is easy to hit onos and buildings with, but other than that its the only thing that should have been added, Im loving the performance that came with the patch but those new "features" are just awful, I wouldnt say aliens were extremely overpowered before but now I just might. Been with this game before the alpha and now Im questioning it
    Rail gun is easy to hit onos and buildings with, but other than that its the only thing that should have been added, Im loving the performance that came with the patch but those new "features" are just awful, I wouldnt say aliens were extremely overpowered before but now I just might. Been with this game before the alpha and now Im questioning it
    Did you look at the change log at all? Changes were made to Exo's, Skulk hitbox, etc.

Yes I did. they should keep all the performance fixes and backtrack the new addition of tunnels. Those are downright the stupidest things I have ever seen added to this game, I would rather see the lerk get bile bomb back than keep those
    edited March 2013
    Yes I did. they should keep all the performance fixes and backtrack the new addition of tunnels. Those are downright the stupidest things I have ever seen added to this game, I would rather see the lerk get bile bomb back than keep those
    Really? You read it? You don't think the fact that they cost 50 resources (20 p and 30 t) and only have 1400 health is not actually bad for balance? What about all the balance changes that would also make the tunnels less effective, like the nerf to Aliens and buff to Marines?

(Basically, you haven't actually said WHY you think they're bad. I'm sure you can come up with something compelling as soon as you show proof and proof of experience :P)
  • SkitterinSkitterin Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183472Members
    It doesn't work. Can't even find a server to play on since the update. I was so excited, but now I'm just pissed off. Oh well... Looks like this game will go on the backburner until it's fixed... again.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, lurks now have trails for their needles which is really weird. I liked the stealthy aspect they had previously.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    I like the tunnels. I've seen aliens save some Hives with them but I've also seen marine teams ambush through them and egg-lock and kil the Hive before the aliens really noticed what was going on. There is also quite an inflation of Rail-Exos now. It's like marines are suddenly fine with no longer saving up 75 res for dual Exos but settled for the fun Railgun. Definitely shifts the balance nicely. I've only seen marine victories today, though I've been playing on a server with a large player count where aliens got pretty much egg-locked two minutes into the game after dying once. (New spawn system is unfortunately not yet implemented)