Does Steam refund for when games go on sale?

AxiomaticTruthAxiomaticTruth Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183426Members
I just bought the game two days ago and now the game is 50% off from the update! Normally I wouldn't mind, hell I've spent more for worse games, but I want to use that 50% difference to buy another copy for my brother. Should I even bother emailing Steam? I googled around a bit and they don't refund for official Steam sales, but what about developer sales?

Comments

• IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The answer is almost always no, but you should try anyway. Worst case scenario: they don't but your brother can still take advantage of the 50% off.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh dude that sucks. Happened to me with RAGE. You can give it a shot though but steam are hard on games that have been released and will normally only refun a game if its a pre-order and the game is not out yet.
  • HalfcentaurHalfcentaur Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182612Members
    Works like most other products.
    No.
    But you can always try I suppose.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Well, I would rage too, but you should've expected that. I would leave it as it is - UWE deserves it.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    I just bought the game two days ago and now the game is 50% off from the update! Normally I wouldn't mind, hell I've spent more for worse games, but I want to use that 50% difference to buy another copy for my brother. Should I even bother emailing Steam? I googled around a bit and they don't refund for official Steam sales, but what about developer sales?

Ive done that. Bought rage for full retail, then a week later OOPSIE 66% OFF

At least we knew this would happen with NS2. Rage abushed me.