New update release date on the 28th for Australia/New Zealand? or do we have to wait till the 29th

Shayne1338Shayne1338 Join Date: 2013-02-27 Member: 183387Members
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
So this thread is now pointless as the Devs have done such a good thing, a first i think out of any other game company EVER!!

the have put up a brilliant new post of the release date in different time zones! this is amazing and so helpfull

Everyone should do this when things come out

So is the update for the 28th usa time zone? or do us oceanic folk get it on the 28th?

And if we dont get it on the 28th - which for us NZ peeps *is in 2 hours ish* then people when putting release dates, state what coutry/time zone that the release is for!

This is just a annoying thing i have with most games that do this, *not tallking about NS2 here, cuz many games will be "This is released on the ***th of this month" only to wait till that day and we cant actually play it till usa time zone.

I think the devs need to specify the country and time zone that there basing there content release date on.

Sorry for the rant, i went abit off track there, but i feel that im not the only one who feel like this, were usually always left in the dark about this stuff

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's always the country of origin. In this case, USA, whichever time zone UWE is in and at whatever time they feel like announcing.

Also, no such thing as 29th this year. :p
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited February 2013
    I do keep hoping one day a dev will release content along the timezones :p
  • Shayne1338Shayne1338 Join Date: 2013-02-27 Member: 183387Members
    Lol your right, no 29th /facepalm - ah but i still feel as tho its a bit of false advertising tho, just for the fact that they*meaning NS2 and every one else who does it* dont specify the country or time zone there basing it on, they just put a date, so in that, one would assume that where ever you are its going to be released on the exact date that is written there. but then when it actually comes to that date, you get nothing, then you rage at whoever because it STATED that i would be released on this exact date.

See now this could all be avoided if they would just say something like "New update out on 28th USA time zone bla de blah"

Do you get what im saying?
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    As UWE is on the west coast of the US, most of their patches/releases are during standard business hours in the PST timezone. Timezone differences are a pain, but I have a hard time seeing how the patch being released in the early hours of March 1st, rather than the late hours of Feb. 28th is a terrible imposition.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Shayne1338 wrote: »
    Lol your right, no 29th /facepalm - ah but i still feel as tho its a bit of false advertising tho, just for the fact that they*meaning NS2 and every one else who does it* dont specify the country or time zone there basing it on, they just put a date, so in that, one would assume that where ever you are its going to be released on the exact date that is written there. but then when it actually comes to that date, you get nothing, then you rage at whoever because it STATED that i would be released on this exact date.

See now this could all be avoided if they would just say something like "New update out on 28th USA time zone bla de blah"

Do you get what im saying?

I have never found it to be a problem. I understand how time zones work and factor that in accordingly. I don't expect European game developers to conform to Alaskan Standard Time now do I? And I definitely don't get mad if they don't.

Patience, sir, Gore Tunnels shall come. To you and I, the hours we wait will be the same, even though our clocks may be different.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Basically it's always been like this. I'm from Europe, so I remember staying up late on the irc chat (or some chat), waiting for NS1 to be released to the public. Timezones can be a pain when the devs are US based. It's the burden of living in the future. ;)

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited February 2013
    What if they DO release it on the 29th. Then we're all fucked.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    28th pst I assume. Question is ... 12:00am or 11:59pm
  • Shayne1338Shayne1338 Join Date: 2013-02-27 Member: 183387Members
    its just frustrating,being told that it will come out at this date, then it doesnt, basicly lying to us, if you arnt from the usa. well thats how it feels anyway

Anyway what im trying to get at, is for devs to avoid making people feel like there getting shafted, by just stating in there notes the exact time zone and country that the update or watever it may be will be released, then we can all fully understand with no one like my self slaming my face into the ground haha

i mean, it is a bit ignorant to be honest, just putting a date up assuming that everyone knows that its only referring to usa time.

its things like that, that make me feel as if gamer devs are only catering towards there own country and that the rest of the world can just get lost..sigh

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2013
    @Shayne1338 The exact time is unknown up untill they push the button. And then it takes 1-2 hours for it to upload to steam, and clients and servers to update.
    Maybe if UWE had there own platform, exact time could be given, but since it has to go valve first. They have no control on when.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Shayne1338 wrote: »
    its just frustrating,being told that it will come out at this date, then it doesnt, basicly lying to us, if you arnt from the usa. well thats how it feels anyway

Anyway what im trying to get at, is for devs to avoid making people feel like there getting shafted, by just stating in there notes the exact time zone and country that the update or watever it may be will be released, then we can all fully understand with no one like my self slaming my face into the ground haha

i mean, it is a bit ignorant to be honest, just putting a date up assuming that everyone knows that its only referring to usa time.

its things like that, that make me feel as if gamer devs are only catering towards there own country and that the rest of the world can just get lost..sigh

Your common sense tells you that it will be released on the native date. Everything else is blaming other people because of natural circumstances so simple but not foreseeable by you.

Snip, keep it clean :) - GISP
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @Shayne1338 I know what you're trying to say, but I don't find this annoying in the slightest, myself. At least it's being released worldwide at the same time!

What I find intensely irritating is the way films are released in the US, then we have to wait MONTHS for them in the UK. It's not like they have to put reels on ships!

@UWE Make sure you guys buy some beers for the fridge for when the update is done. You've definitely earned it! :)

• CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members