invalid player names

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
Could the game strip all leading/trailing spaces from player names? Currently, people are joining games with nothing but spaces in their names. It makes it hard to distinguish them. Thx

Comments

• Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    How did my blank name disrupt any of the rounds you just played with me?
  • CanucckCanucck Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72987Members
    Then after that they can ban I's and l's from the game too!
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How did my blank name disrupt any of the rounds you just played with me?
    Here's the culprit! rabble rabble rabble
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    edited February 2013
    Actually, I use this as a trick to fight team stacking. When everyone is trying to join 1 team because 'awesome player' is on it I rename myself 'awesome player ' and join the other team. People can't stack the hero's team when they don't know which team the hero is on.

Edit - if I've done this to any of you, I wasn't trying to be an ass. Just trying to get people to join the game. :P
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Commanders and other players need to be able to call out (or type) their teammate's names. In this case, there were two players on my team named (blank). Presumably one was a single space and another was two spaces, but I don't know. Regardless, it made it hard to communicate.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    edited February 2013
    How to command this team ?:

-_°°_-
    <3
    ( °° )
    ^^V^^
    ||=><=||

Or that one ?:

Eat
    I am
    Dick
    My
    Commander
    A crappy
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Commanders and other players need to be able to call out (or type) their teammate's names. In this case, there were two players on my team named (blank). Presumably one was a single space and another was two spaces, but I don't know. Regardless, it made it hard to communicate.

I know. I was there.

I understand your complaint, just find it strange you reference those rounds along with Palagi and myself as we certainly were the backbone of that team, doing what we were supposed to, when we were supposed to. If we were idiots being useless disruptions, it's a valid complaint.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Ultimatly, it is the same reason wearing a mask to a super market is bad etiquette: What, do you have something to hide? It's bad enough we don't play with our real names. Not a 'good' look for our personal character.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Wake: Any of those can at least be typed out. Space and space space, cannot (at least in a way that is easily distinguishable).

P.S. Omar: I don't know why you refer to our match. In no way did I reference it. I am talking about names in spaces, in general.
    Racer1 wrote: »
    In this case, there were two players on my team named (blank).
    Because you did ;)

I'm not offended, or harping on, you just found it curious.
    Wake wrote: »

-_°°_-
    <3
    ( °° )
    ^^V^^
    ||=><=||

Finally not that hard on the mic :
    "Hey minus undescore degree degree degree undersocre minus go with pipe pipe equal superior inferior equal pipe pipe to Smelting and buid the PG there please"
  • evil fluffyevil fluffy Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162627Members

-_°°_-
    <3
    ( °° )
    ^^V^^
    ||=><=||

Finally not that hard on the mic :
    "Hey minus undescore degree degree degree undersocre minus go with pipe pipe equal superior inferior equal pipe pipe to Smelting and buid the PG there please"

I have had someone do this as a comm before only person's name was Pi to the tenth digit i think and instead of saying pi he said 3.14... made me lol honestly
    edited February 2013
    I have had someone do this as a comm before only person's name was Pi to the tenth digit i think and instead of saying pi he said 3.14... made me lol honestly

Ha Ha Ha !
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Should have to use facebook log in to play this game, aliasers ruin it.