Allow server owners to disable vote concede.

2»

Comments

• bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    edited February 2013
    just give people a warning when teammates start voting concede and allow them to cancel their vote if someone changes their mind

the problem with concede is when it comes as a surprise, like when aliens start feeling a bit of pressure, but 5 players have 72 res...

i'm sure these players wouldn't concede if someone was able to tell them that means 5 onos in a minute, but we never get that chance
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    Wake wrote: »
    I'm amazed. You just can't force people to play.
    If you see a team breaking, try to cheer them up, organise a concerted rush, anything.

But getting them tied to a game they don't want to play anymore is a terrible concept.

I wouldn't want to play on a server that has no concede, not because I like to do so, but because team's motivation and morale is something you have to deal with.

Trying to force people to play in a synthetic way is a recoginition of your own failure at getting the team in the fight.

Exactly.

I fail to see how, with concede disabled, F4ing or just quitting the server is a better alternative. Unless, of course, your idea of "winning" is killing a bunch of AFKer's at best or still getting the Marines Win screen anyway, but now it's because the server has lost half it's players...
    biz wrote: »
    just give people a warning when teammates start voting concede and allow them to cancel their vote if someone changes their mind

the problem with concede is when it comes as a surprise, like when aliens start feeling a bit of pressure, but 5 players have 72 res...

i'm sure these players wouldn't concede if someone was able to tell them that means 5 onos in a minute, but we never get that chance

Five players with 72 res and only Cloaking? It's probably a forgone conclusion that this is lost even in that situation...
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm actually a big fan of concede vote, but I understand there's a few people out there who aren't. I agree that there should be some customization options for server admins, such as the team percentage needed to execute the concede (Just like there's an option to set the percentage for vote eject), as well as being able to shut off concede vote entirely.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    If you see a team breaking, try to cheer them up, organise a concerted rush, anything.

But getting them tied to a game they don't want to play anymore is a terrible concept.

I wouldn't want to play on a server that has no concede, not because I like to do so, but because team's motivation and morale is something you have to deal with.

Trying to force people to play in a synthetic way is a recoginition of your own failure at getting the team in the fight.

THEY JUST JOIN ANOTHER SERVER WITH CONCEDE ENABLED.

THEY JUST JOIN ANOTHER SERVER WITH CONCEDE ENABLED.

Which they discover as they are being fish in your barrel.

People aren't interested in your flavor of masochism. And apparently, people aren't inspired by your leadership nor admonishments because you are still here railing against choice; demanding that people get roflstomped by you so you can "win". But what you are actually saying is you want to beat up on people, because by conceding, the other team has already admitted you won. But that isn't good enough for you. You need to curbstomp unwilling participants in order to feel like you won.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    The server owner can run it as they see fit.
    This entitlement that anyone paying money for you to play NS2 has to abide by your rules is infantile. Put your money where your mouth is, don't put your mouth where someone else's money is.
    I support administrative control over the concede option, as it affects that server's play environment.
  • MindstormMindstorm Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175356Members
    Well I don't think UWE should implement this out of the box because a lot of different server would be there and let's face it: Some people like concede and some don't.
    So either they implement it and make a server filter for it or:

You use the mod I just wrote specially for you (on your server ofcourse):
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128654757&searchtext=no+concede

• SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    I like having options as a server admin so making it able to turn on and off via server config would be nice... I think a configurable timer would be good too, ie: cannot concede unless X amount of game time has occurred.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Honestly, I just like playing with my food before I eat it.