Doing well in a game and someone expects that I must be using some sort of mod or hacks?

NinjaiNinjai Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170080Members
I was recently in a game where it was 2 marines vs 1 alien (me). I did have control of pretty much the whole map but that was not the complaint. The complaint was that because of my kdr of being higher than 6 I must obviously been hacking or using a mod to my advantage. His reason was he "played ns 4 hours a day every single day" and that if I were playing some noobie it might be a different story . I wasn't trying to argue with him but I have been playing since beta so I at least know some basics of staying alive and dodging bullets that at shot at me. In the end he ranted off and left the server leaving me confused on the event that just unfolded. I am suppose to tone down my game play so that he could purposely kill me? I did have enough res to become a Onos but in a 2v1 game it is overkill so I never did go that lifeform but I did go fade once.

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Best way to do this is to delete your steam cloud storage files, it resets you back to rookie status. Good stuff.
  • NinjaiNinjai Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170080Members
    edited February 2013
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Best way to do this is to delete your steam cloud storage files, it resets you back to rookie status. Good stuff.

But I could just enable the rookie mode from the options menu...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It's just the usual internet rage that's bound to show up if you are doing better then the rest in a game. Also what exactly is the point of this thread?
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ninjai wrote: »
    I was recently in a game where it was 2 marines vs 1 alien (me). I did have control of pretty much the whole map but that was not the complaint. The complaint was that because of my kdr of being higher than 6 I must obviously been hacking or using a mod to my advantage. His reason was he "played ns 4 hours a day every single day" and that if I were playing some noobie it might be a different story . I wasn't trying to argue with him but I have been playing since beta so I at least know some basics of staying alive and dodging bullets that at shot at me. In the end he ranted off and left the server leaving me confused on the event that just unfolded. I am suppose to tone down my game play so that he could purposely kill me? I did have enough res to become a Onos but in a 2v1 game it is overkill so I never did go that lifeform but I did go fade once.

People are idiots, just ignore them, or you can always take "You hack!" bitching as a compliment.
  • azurescorchazurescorch Join Date: 2012-09-29 Member: 161030Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited February 2013
    Happens. I was on marines with two friends today, one got accused of using a "damage multiplier". I explained how this wasn't possible as the damaged is calculated server side, but alas the guy was too moronic to understand. In the end he left claiming that he was going to download some hacks because every one else cheats. He'll be quite disappointed though, last time I looked no hack developer had any interest in NS2 so I doubt he'll find any.

Best thing to do is just laugh, 'hackusations' happen all the time in games.

edit: I was proved wrong by a player today who was clearly using 'charms'. :(
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    There are hacks for NS2 surely, but he WILL be disappointed, because eventually vac will ban him.

Now thats natural selection. XD
  • hushus Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173206Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Also what exactly is the point of this thread?

• NinjaiNinjai Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170080Members
    hus wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Also what exactly is the point of this thread?

Just wanted to see what the consensus of what people in similar situations would do. either play "dumb" so that they feel they have the advantage or "not my problem you can't kill me" attitude

• thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    Do well --> get accused of hacking = standard operating procedure.
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Ninjai wrote: »
    But I could just enable the rookie mode from the options menu...
    Daxx wrote: »
    People are idiots, just ignore them, or you can always take "You hack!" bitching as a compliment.

I loled.
  • FrustrationFrustration Join Date: 2013-01-19 Member: 180628Members
    You have to put yourself in the perspective of who ever is raging at you.

If they are mad at you, they will try to find ANYTHING that could be the cause of you being better than him.
    I do this all the time.There is nothing to do against better players.Usual insult will eventually run out, so you use ones that don´t even make sense, hence hacking.

You ruin other peoples fun.

And don´t give me that shit, that by playing with better players you learn to play.That is bs advice.If you haven´t gotten killed 20 times over and over again in a row then stfu if someone is accusing you of hacking.

• MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members

If they are mad at you, they will try to find ANYTHING that could be the cause of you being better than him.
    I do this all the time.There is nothing to do against better players.Usual insult will eventually run out, so you use ones that don´t even make sense, hence hacking.

And don´t give me that shit, that by playing with better players you learn to play.That is bs advice.If you haven´t gotten killed 20 times over and over again in a row then stfu if someone is accusing you of hacking.

So, what do you learn from playing against people you can roflstomp? What challenge (other than boredom) do you learn to overcome when you are not presented with potent opposition?
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    Just agree with then. Admit you're hacking. They usually shutup at that point. I do it all the time.

It's worse if you're a friend of mine, playing with me in a pub. The moment you get accused, I'll join in and do everything I can to rile up the accusers.

It's a blast.
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    Just agree with then. Admit you're hacking. They usually shutup at that point. I do it all the time.

It's worse if you're a friend of mine, playing with me in a pub. The moment you get accused, I'll join in and do everything I can to rile up the accusers.

It's a blast.

My clan had a running joke that we all cheated but we lost on purpose so no one would get suspicious.

The confusion was palpable...
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    MMZ_Torak wrote: »

So, what do you learn from playing against people you can roflstomp? What challenge (other than boredom) do you learn to overcome when you are not presented with potent opposition?

I don't know who said it, but it was along the line of this: "Getting pub stomped does not teach you anything, It's like trying to learn trigonometry while you can barely do 2+2".

It works the other way around too. It's like playing starcraft on easy all the time and expecting to be better. And actually I think it makes you worse; you let yourself get sloppy knowing that you can win either way.

TD:LR, You can't get better if there's no challenge.
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    So you can't get better if there is no challenge, but getting beat up by a superior player is pointless as you'll learn nothing.

Is there going to be a sweet spot of skill sets that are allowed to play with each other, but the opposite ends of the spectrum (good and bad) can't join in?
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it just happens if people are bad/worse than you.

i accidentally went on a rookie server and went something like 50-1 on marines, and people were accusing me of hacking.

except i'm terrible.
  • SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I get offended as I get remarkable K:D and no one accusing me of hacking.

It doesn't matter how much you play, if you are practicing bad habits, you will never improve.

To me hacking is awesome aim all the time, never missing, then acts like rookie when he/she is not shooting. That is blatant, it gets a bit harder when they actually look like they know how to play. That being said I think I have only seen two cheaters in NS2. They both joined the server at the same time, both had never miss aim, though they way they moved and played was very rookish.