Aliens: Colonial Marines

13»

Comments

• YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    the game was rushed to release, sega didn't ferking give gearbox enough time and they KNEW they through the game upon a company with a few other games already being made at the time, gearbox actually made a fantastic game, it's just buggy as all hell because they didn't have the time to beta-test it effectively.
    --
    Hell it went through like 4 or 5 companies before gearbox, didn't it? so they didn't exactly get the first piece of the cake when it came to making the game, they took what they could, patched it up, storified it, and polished as much as they could just before release, why the heck is everyone butchering it?!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/did-aliens-colonial-marines-suffer-because-of-borderlands-6403830

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

Nope. They were responsible in the end. Maybe they did not create the entire game, but they determinately lied and let down the fans by ignoring the game they agreed to work on. Reeks of laziness and false promises to me. After praising how good DnF was and the outsourcing of BL2 DLC idk how people can just believe Gearbox so easily.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    edited February 2013
    edited: I had some rant here but after using my silly lil' head I sort of realised I probably shouldn't say stuff without actually playing the game. I watched some youtube vids of people playing it and enjoying it (albeit I'm alarmed how few aliens seem to understand/use wall climbing... it's kinda shocking) and multi-player wise it doesn't actually look all that bad (it could still be terribad though, just stopping myself from whining about something I've never even played.)

The campaign does sound/look terrible from what I've seen but I never really buy Aliens franchise games for single player (except that metroid-style one by way-forward which was pretty darn good)

edit 2: wait... do the aliens HAVE to be played in 3rd person? I don't know what to make of that... for a normal melee game I'd usually see that as a plus but it'd make all the usual crazy crawling through vents, pipes, small bits and general mad ceiling/wall running I do probably kill the camera dead :s
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members

it's looking like this game is some kind of scam
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/aliens-colonial-marines-360ps3-review

IGN gave the 360/ps3 version a "4.5" which is a "bad."

IGN most never gives out "bad" ratings.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Looks like GBX royally screwed the pooch on this one. At least it means that there is one less potential competitor to NS2 out there. Also, best GIF ever:
    acm.gif
  • WhiteWolf22WhiteWolf22 Join Date: 2009-08-21 Member: 68559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am so glad I didnt pre order now
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Also, best GIF ever:
    acm.gif

I don't see how people are just calling this goofy and hilarious, it's literally (LITERALLY) my worst nightmare. Their whole walking-on-back-legs while twitching and looking at your general direction reminds me of their human background which makes it even more disturbing.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    On the plus side, more models and skins... not sure if they're better quality than those in the last AvP though...
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    i seem to be the only person on the planet who enjoyed acm.
    i play too many beta releases. >.<
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    If nothing else, ACM seems to be generating some YouTube gold:

• bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    If nothing else, ACM seems to be generating some YouTube gold:

haha, so many videos "reviews" are out for this game.