Autoreload

2»

Comments

• TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I don't think it's a big deal. I don't really consider reloading at 0bullets much of a skill so I wouldn't mind automating it.
  • Not SureNot Sure Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177758Members
    Get into the habit of reloading every time you stop shooting.*

*Some exceptions may apply.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited February 2013
    I agree with the concept that when the counter hits zero bullets left, it should auto-reload. I have been caught by this mechanic a few times since NO other FPS I have ever played makes you do this, if you are holding the fire button down and you reach 0 it should start reloading.

Then again this is also the only FPS i've ever played that didn't have a "last weapon" button..
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    please no. be intelligent and reload. don't dumb-down the game more than it already has been
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    joederp wrote: »
    I agree with the concept that when the counter hits zero bullets left, it should auto-reload. I have been caught by this mechanic a few times since NO other FPS I have ever played makes you do this, if you are holding the fire button down and you reach 0 it should start reloading.

Then again this is also the only FPS i've ever played that didn't have a "last weapon" button..

Wait what... NS2 doesn't autoreload on empty clip? LOL. I never noticed. I guess this feature was never needed (at least for me).

I thought OP wanted automatic reloading every time you weren't firing.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If you fire down to exactly zero shots, but don't press fire again, it won't reload.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    Calego wrote: »
    Good as it is (lacking) or should it be an option?

I know its a newbie mistake to not check your bullets as you run to the next extractor being attacked, then show up and have the reload start instead of firing. But still, it'd be a useful feature.

I think it's good as is (manual reload), but it wouldn't bother me if there was an 'Auto-Reload when empty' option; something I could leave off.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Personally I miss the mechanic of clips being thrown away when reloaded, eg. 30 bullets left, reload, you lose those 30 bullets. Means you have to really choose whether or not reloading is worth it (not for 2 bullets).

"Commander, I need ammo."

• SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    We just need to add npcs to the game that follow marines around doing nothing but letting the player know when it is time to reload. "don't forget to reload Dr. Freeman"
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Lmao, I think we need these npc's to do more than just that.