Arc v Nexzil Scrim, in two hours. Casters welcome :D

BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Anyone who's interesting in watching an A tier lineup of Arc vs Nexzil is welcome to tune when it goes live. We plan to play at 20GMT, so for anyone who's got nothing to do feel free to tune in with Virsoul, and whoever else might be streaming.

If your interested in casting, send me a message or reply.

Player streams that will should be active:
www.twitch.tv/virsoul
www.twitch.tv/garfu
http://www.twitch.tv/l2pns2
www.twitch.tv/lolgorgeous

Comments

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Ha, I would enjoy such a thing but I am not the most experienced with NS2. While I have some casting background, I would only cast willingly if no one more experienced than I agrees. You should clarify if you need the casters to stream as well, I would assume yes but good to state.

After some testing, oh god streaming. Why is NS2 so unoptimizedddd. I can't stream this game due to how unoptimized it is.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Just tried watching some of the streams, but the video and audio stutters SO BAD. I'm on a 60MBit connection. :/ Guess it's just twitch.tv sucking for us european types...?
  • Not SureNot Sure Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177758Members
    I tried watching but it was just some sort of office spycam. Felt kinda creepy so I closed it.
  • AndinagamaAndinagama Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176019Members
    edited February 2013
    A question I have: What's with the 'Starting Shortly' intro to some NS videos? I don't understand the point of spending a few minutes staring at a load-screen - I share my 1Mbit line with 5 family members and don't see why I need to use my limited bandwidth on this?

And what about people that have caps on internet use (i.e. a monthly limit that they cannot go over)? Why make them use their data on a loadscreen?

Perhaps I'm not understanding something here... if so, please explain?

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    we use a 3min minimum delay on streams and our problem today and most days is waiting on the teams to be ready so we dont control how long the controls take until they start.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Missed it... who won?
  • irEricirEric Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172615Members
    nice try guys. interesting talk after game 4. I agree with 3 fades, perhaps more tres fades which allows pres onos a possibility. Where 3 fades may be seen as a risk, it is arguable that 2 fades is more or less risky. You may even be able to hold 3 hive locations if 3 fades were significant enough to make that kind of impact, and thus onos drops. Maybe 3 fades is not any more significant than 2. Who knows? that's what i like about ns.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Missed it... who won?

*Spoilers*

I believe it was 3-1 in Arc's favor.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Were the gorge fortifications going up on ARC's harvesters being placed by the players who were intended to receive the tRes Fades?

If so, it seemed like the loss of early pressure did more harm to the well being of the harvesters than the good the hydras and clogs did. Early days though.
  • ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    What I observed from the summit match, Nexzil chose to chase marines around the map too much as aliens instead of chewing down their rts or rushing their base so they didn't keep up enough pressure ._.
  • AndinagamaAndinagama Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176019Members
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    we use a 3min minimum delay on streams and our problem today and most days is waiting on the teams to be ready so we dont control how long the controls take until they start.

Ah thanks I see.. It's an artifact of live casting. I usually only watch the recorded versions because I don't have the bandwidth to stream.

Is there a way to download videos from twitch (once they are done streaming of course) so I won't have the problem any more? then i can just click on the 3-minute mark to start. (I've tried telling my browser to buffer from 3 minutes ahead but that never seems to work).
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not Sure wrote: »
    I tried watching but it was just some sort of office spycam. Felt kinda creepy so I closed it.

Tried to watch the stream, but was to late and saw the office spy cam too. A shame it was so quiet, but I thought I could hear Brian discussing something about the crags.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    edited February 2013
    ITT: People acting like they're smarter and better than Nexzil and Archaea.

Game was awesome.

By the way, what happened @ 18:20 - http://www.twitch.tv/garfu/b/366075924
    Someone said something blew up outside - what was it?
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Another question I have is with regards to nanoshielded targets.

I watched in a number of cases how Archaea, as aliens, would continue to remain in combat with nanoshielded marines, landing bites continuously but never being able to kill the marine. Frequently (I think in all cases actually) the aliens would be killed this way, even when it was multiple aliens against single marines. In fact the only case where this didn't happen was when Fanatic cleverly hid the moment the shotgun marine (their primary target) received a nanoshield, while the two skulks with him continued to fight, and died as a result.

What is the best course of action when the marine you are attacking receives nano shield, and what factors impact the best choice? I know that, once reaching melee combat with a marine, it can often be detrimental to then try to hide or acquire range on the target, though a full health marine with nanoshield, receiving constant medpacks, is almost a lost cause when the target has very good aim.
  • honkehonke Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71285Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Just tried watching some of the streams, but the video and audio stutters SO BAD. I'm on a 60MBit connection. :/ Guess it's just twitch.tv sucking for us european types...?

For some reason Twitch.tv has really bad database-stream capabilities. On the other hand the live-stream is really good, and you can watch HD quality streams with no lag, stutter or need to buffer whatsoever.
  • ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    |strofix| wrote: »
    What is the best course of action when the marine you are attacking receives nano shield, and what factors impact the best choice? I know that, once reaching melee combat with a marine, it can often be detrimental to then try to hide or acquire range on the target, though a full health marine with nanoshield, receiving constant medpacks, is almost a lost cause when the target has very good aim.

I would say that it depends on the environment that you are fighting in. If you are out in the open and no easy escape route is available then it's propably best to just try to land few more bites before you propably die. But surviving and retreating against bad odds is always better than dying because as soon as you die the pressure is gone.

• ShinoShino Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173316Members
    If you're a skulk, suicide into him. Perhaps if you have full energy, you can double leap away until nano wears off, but in most cases it's not viable.
    Anything else, run back and spike/wait for nano to wear off.