free copies

flamingometzgerflamingometzger Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182688Members
hi, what about donate some free copies of ns2 for famous let's players?

Comments

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    hi, what about finding a job?
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    hi, what about donate some free copies of ns2 for famous let's players?
    What the hell are you even saying? Are you claiming to be a host of "Let's Play" videos?? If that were true you would have some money to buy a game..
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I think there is a miss-communication here, he probably meant something along the lines of:

"would it be a good idea for the devs to send some free keys to famous let's players for promotional purposes"

Right flamingometzger?
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Famous people should have to buy the game too, I don't care who they are. The game should speak for itself. I don't buy a game because JOE FAMOUS plays it. Paid celebs or free product to famous individuals will actually make me NOT buy or play a game.
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    lol I love it when people ask for handouts. The developers spent several years developing this game and you can't even pay a measly $24.99 to support them? Now I'm all for them possibly handing out trial copies, but full copies? No, I don't see how that is even remotely fair to them.
  • flamingometzgerflamingometzger Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182688Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I think there is a miss-communication here, he probably meant something along the lines of:

"would it be a good idea for the devs to send some free keys to famous let's players for promotional purposes"

Right flamingometzger?

Sry for my bad english but yes thats exactly what i meant, i think they deserve to be paid to, thats why i think its a good idead, cheap advertising. 12 people bought that game because of me, its a great game and thats why it deserves more attention, lets say 20 free copies and maybe 1000 more people would buy that game, that would be a very good trade and maybe even more people would buy this game, my opinion.

• LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Right flamingometzger?

Sry for my bad english but yes thats exactly what i meant, i think they deserve to be paid to, thats why i think its a good idead, cheap advertising. 12 people bought that game because of me, its a great game and thats why it deserves more attention, lets say 20 free copies and maybe 1000 more people would buy that game, that would be a very good trade and maybe even more people would buy this game, my opinion.

I really do think that this is something you take to UWE PR privately. On the forums for a subject like this you will only be flamed and trolled.

I do agree with the advertising but I would say that it needs to be done through a competition. "20 copies for the 20 best hand drawn images of flamingometzger wearing a gorge suit" that way people have to find out what a gorge is and then put time and effort into drawing something. That would instantly make them relate to NS a lot more. So that if they do not win a copy, they will still probably go buy one.

I think 1000 is reaching a bit high, I think half that number is more realistic.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's only a matter of time before TotalBiscuit revisits this game anyways. And then all the other youtubers will go "maybe I should do a video on that, too."

I think best video was Criken's, he had a funny video of NS2 and a lot of people liked it.
  • GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    Lets Players deserve to die in a horrible fire. Nuff said.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before TotalBiscuit revisits this game anyways. And then all the other youtubers will go "maybe I should do a video on that, too."

I think best video was Criken's, he had a funny video of NS2 and a lot of people liked it.

TotalBiscuit will never revisit this game. He plays what gets him views.

Criken lel so randum
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    What about Jessie Cox?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Not a new idea, i been saying that for ages. :) NS2 needs exposure from the popular youtubers and streamers.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    1.) You can say that COD is prohibitively expensive, but NS2? Are you frakking kidding me?
    2.) If you call yourself a fan of the game, you have bought a 4pack and spread the gospel during last winter sale. Yep, that's right: Put your money where your mouth is! Give your money to the deserving developers who put out affordable, original games instead of spending it on the unoriginal yearly rehashers.

I'm a proud 5 time owner of NS2. My reasons:
    a) NS1 - I loved it
    b) Charlie's announcement that all pre-orderes receive a free copy. Struck a nerve with me. Could you even remotely imagine Activision/EA doing the same?
    c) Winter sale
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    What about Jessie Cox?
    Some examples of the bigger YTbers:
    Jesse, Seananners

They randomly play the game already, TB has already done his "first impressions" press videos. So I doubt he will revisit, unless The Game Station (his network) is contacted by UWE.