If You Like Kharaa, Stay In Servers > 16 Players.

NutsacjacNutsacjac Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9735Members
<div class="IPBDescription">*boggle*</div> After playing some 24 player 1.04 beta, it's become quite apparent to me that Marines have a huge advantage once the 16 player barrier is broken, and is almost unbeatable once the 20 player barrier is broken, if only that they can respawn quicker than the Kharaa.

I know in smaller games, Kharaa have the advantage, but at least the marines have a fighting chance.

Comments

• FrahgFrahg Join Date: 2002-12-03 Member: 10432Members, Constellation
    Shouldn't this be, if you like Kharaa stay in servers < 16 players?
  • SemperFiSemperFi Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1049Members
    edited December 2002
    <span style='color:blue'>Be nice.</span> I play on Hastezone CONSTANTLY (20 player) and the wins are divided about 60/40 with the aliens on top.

Please enough with the balance threads already let the NS team do thier <span style='color:blue'>work</span> and you just sit back and enjoy the FREE game they have made. And please remeber they owe you NOTHING.
  • NutsacjacNutsacjac Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9735Members
    Wow, because something is free, you dont reserve the right to comment on it?

That's incredibly mature. And it is a balance problem.
  • ShingyBoyShingyBoy Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9086Members
    Well bcoz of the way resources are done theres no way to stop it on big servers...
    Unless if u make it so gorgs get the resources first only to build various things as an option if u get me no one else gets any then once it starts gettin pumping the players also get some?
  • SemperFiSemperFi Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1049Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Nutsacjac+Dec 30 2002, 06:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nutsacjac @ Dec 30 2002, 06:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Wow, because something is free, you dont reserve the right to comment on it?

That's incredibly mature. And it is a balance problem.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sure, anyone can comment on the mod i didnt say that you couldnt. I did ask however that people stop making these balance threads. Thats all there is. For **obscenity** sake there like 5 on the main page alone you could of easily posted this in one of those. But instead you opted to make your own thread for whatever reason.

If you think the game is unbalanced you dont have to make a thread about it, you COULD just play the game. I mean 1.04 hasnt even been out for 1 week or so and your already coming to conclusions. Just give it some more time.
  • NutsacjacNutsacjac Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9735Members
    It's not just that. The respawn problem causes problems because it limits options. You cant rush on a big server as Kharaa, because if it fails, you lose.

Marines can spawn 2 to 3 times faster than Kharaa, and thats a huge disadvantage, so all you can do is guard the nozzles and hives, and hope they miss.

Kharaa, by contrast, have nearly limitless resources on small maps, and since 1 skulk is about as equally combat effective as 2 marines, so you can basically lock down the marines in a 10-12 player server.

That's called imbalance? I think so.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    If that's the case, and face it, neither SemperFi nor you can come up with anything even remotely similiar to an objective fact, there is no need to doublepost topics that have already been discussed, or flame.

<span style='color:red'>***Locked.***</span>
This discussion has been closed.