Microphone doesnt get detected since Patch

scorpacscorpac Join Date: 2009-07-18 Member: 68180Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Yes. Since the Patch my Microphone does not get detected by the game. In the Settings its still there, but if i try to change it, i cannot change it back to the original one, since it doesnt appear anymore.

I found this out when a friend told me that he cant hear me ingame, like a few other people. This problem appeared after the new patch. One day before it worked fine. Now it doesnt work anymore.

Headset: Logitech G35
Mainboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme (integrated sound card)

Comments

• scorpacscorpac Join Date: 2009-07-18 Member: 68180Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bump for help. Its useless to do commander or communicate with the team without a microphone
  • scorpacscorpac Join Date: 2009-07-18 Member: 68180Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cant play until its fixed ;(
    Still doesnt work.
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members
    This has been happening to a number of people. What many (including myself) have had to do is log in, talk, realize that nobody can hear you, go to your sound settings, change nothing at all, hit 'apply' (or 'save'--whichever it is, I forget), and then resume your game. Suddenly everything will be fixed.

It's been annoying in at least two cases where I didn't realize people couldn't hear my desperate cries for teamwork until five or six minutes into the game, at which point key decisions had already been overlooked.

But yeah, in both cases I changed no settings, since simply going to the audio settings page revealed that everything was set up as I'd like. I just had to hit 'apply' again. Annoying, but at least it detects my gear properly otherwise.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    I reported this as a bug just today. Its been happening to me as well though all I need to do to fix it is hit escape to go into the menu and hit escape again to go back into the game. Craziness...

Only thing I remember doing before I had the problem was adjusting the music volume but since then I have put it back to default and moved it all around and it doesn't seem to affect anything.
    I tried that NousWanderer, the Problem is, that the microphone device does not appear in that checkbox anymore. All other options dont work. Teamspeak, Skype and other Steam games Comms still work.
  • pRiNcEkAhUnApRiNcEkAhUnA Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148264Members
    current1y wrote: »
    I reported this as a bug just today. Its been happening to me as well though all I need to do to fix it is hit escape to go into the menu and hit escape again to go back into the game. Craziness...

Only thing I remember doing before I had the problem was adjusting the music volume but since then I have put it back to default and moved it all around and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

This should have been reported a few days ago when I reported it to the playtest leads.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    Your right it was I missed it.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    i have to run the game, unplug usb mic, replug and it works then.
    No problems until this build
    Today it works for some reason. I hope for you it also works now. I can select my Microphone in the Options again.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This has been happening to a number of people. What many (including myself) have had to do is log in, talk, realize that nobody can hear you, go to your sound settings, change nothing at all, hit 'apply' (or 'save'--whichever it is, I forget), and then resume your game. Suddenly everything will be fixed.

Yep, I talked to myself for 6 fucking hours straight before I worked that out on patch day.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    Make sure you have the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software (I think it's 8.40). If you don't uninstall your version, then install the latest version.

I had some mic issues 238 patch day. After making sure the right software was installed, I rebooted, loaded NS2, settings, sound, changed mic to G35. No issues since. It's actually much more convenient, since I have multiple audio devices and device sources.
    Didnt update any drivers, works anyways now.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow

It's been annoying in at least two cases where I didn't realize people couldn't hear my desperate cries for teamwork until five or six minutes into the game, at which point key decisions had already been overlooked.

But yeah, in both cases I changed no settings, since simply going to the audio settings page revealed that everything was set up as I'd like. I just had to hit 'apply' again. Annoying, but at least it detects my gear properly otherwise.

This is my problem. Simply visiting the Sound menu fixes it, but until I do that people can't hear my mic. Seems to happen again every time I start the game.
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's happening to me to. I need to go into settings, sound, and then just press on Apply and suddenly it works. Hopefully this will be fixed cause it's super annoying.