February Possible content

Comments

• SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    this post is pointless. purely speculation. most of these models have been in the game for a while.... they just havent (and maybe some won't) been implemented. railguns and the whole weldable-door idea have both been in the code but have not been implemented. hell, i have a feeling UWE gave up on the babblers.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    edited February 2013
    hugh said that decent, gorge tunnels, blabblers, rail guns, there is a lot of stuff coming and its going to be good, late feb

46:50
    http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/363089502
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Any chance on further Exo modifications? Such as forgoing the Minigun for chain fed lmg?

It just seems alines are not at all afriad of single exos, I would very much like to explore using exos more, however currently at 75 res for a break even level of effectiveness, I'd would rather be able to customise a 50 res Exo with say an lmg and a flmaer etc.

Not to go to much towards a Warhammer 40K Terminator idea but I think you have the beginning of an entire new game in the way you dealt with the Exo design wise in general.
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    hugh said that decent, gorge tunnels, blabblers, rail guns, there is a lot of stuff coming and its going to be good, late feb

46:50
    http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/363089502

meh, i'll believe it when i see it. all of those things need extensive testing for balance.. that's a lot of features and balancing for less than a month...
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Almost all of this info is wrong, marines cant use tunnels and you dont walk through them, its more of a slow phase gate. Babblers are spat out in a big ball and hatch from that ball once they hit the target. Gorge webs are gooey and infestationy, they look nothing like spider webs. All this stuff is in the map Editor via sounds and models
  • Flash8798Flash8798 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182814Members
    edited February 2013
    Xarius wrote: »
    Things I'd like to see:
    - Vortex rework

I think that Vortex should be changed to an ability something akin to Spores or Blink in energy usage, and ends the effect only under these possible conditions:
    A.) The Fade casting Vortex dies.
    B.) The Fade casting Vortex runs out of energy.
    C.) The Fade ceases using the ability (stops holding down the attack button).

This would allow for a Fade to effectively 'block out' a phase gate in a contested area long enough for other aliens to attack the power node or other marine structures. As of the current build, Vortex seems more fitting for a hit and run class such as the Lerk, and if a Fade wanted to effectively shut down an enemy team with my proposed idea above, they could hit an IP or arms lab indefinitely and allow the player to dynamically determine it's usage and time frame, rather than a fire-and-forget format that is getting a lot of flak nowadays, so much so that it is basically as useless as Xenocide.

The cons of such a change would be obvious, in that the Fade would have to consistently stay with the Vortexed target, and thus move much slower and not be able to blink away from combat. As for targeting marines and exo's, I would suggest that movable Vortexed targets move at a walking speed, giving slower aliens the ability to catch up to certain targets such as jetpacks, which would be shut down when in a vortex. It also emphasizes running with a team while being a marine, as well as the deadliness and horror-story-esque reputation of the Fade.

That's my best idea to rework Vortex.
  • MindstormMindstorm Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175356Members
    Sampson wrote: »
    this post is pointless. purely speculation. most of these models have been in the game for a while.... they just havent (and maybe some won't) been implemented. railguns and the whole weldable-door idea have both been in the code but have not been implemented. hell, i have a feeling UWE gave up on the babblers.

The reason why I believe most of these things will be implemented is because from 236 till 238 there have been alot of changes in the code from babblers, gorge tunnels and exo with (only sinlge) railgun.

If you wanna test the exo with single (and duall) get the mod I made:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124290991&searchtext=

You can start a explore game and get yourselve an exo (or host a server w/e you like). The damage an exo does is some own piece of code so it is by no means balanced or anything recembling the (if even) final version. In my opinion it's rather low a.t.m. but since It's just a beta testing stuffs mod I'm not really gonna put mutch efford in optimizing it.
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well I asked them on Twitter how the update was coming and they replied that there will be new weapons, abilities and decent. Pretty general I would say

• semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited February 2013
    CoTTon wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one corrected this yet.

It's February

We all just assumed English is not the OP's native language. It's spelled that way in other languages.
  • MindstormMindstorm Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175356Members
    semihandy wrote: »

It's February

We all just assumed English is not the OP's native language. It's spelled that way in other languages.

And we have a winner :).
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter

It's February
    Patch is coming soooooon (mid feb, I hear)

I am hoping once a gorge tunnel is built, it can ONLY be collapsed by marines destroying it, else it would be kind of lame baiting a few marines into it and having the gorge collapse it all in on them... That would be super cheap D:
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    I am hoping once a gorge tunnel is built, it can ONLY be collapsed by marines destroying it, else it would be kind of lame baiting a few marines into it and having the gorge collapse it all in on them... That would be super cheap D:

ProTip: Don't go in the Gorge Tunnel! ;)
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2013
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    bLink` wrote: »
    UWE teasing!!!

575414_10151302093288105_1574697567_n.jpg

Whoa dog.
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    bLink` wrote: »
    UWE teasing!!!

575414_10151302093288105_1574697567_n.jpg

It does remind me of an Onos Stomach...
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    thanks for the pic blink, and wow that looks freaking AWESOME I cant wait now, better then what I was expecting, to be honest I thought tunnels wouldn't be like actual tunnels but more like press E to teleport to the next tunnel, wait 4 seconds and bam you come jumping out the other side, this is much cooler, question though, is gorge tunnels 1 way traffic? what happens when a life form collides? will one of them have to force another to go back the other way? does going through tunnels give a speed boost to slow moving life forms such as gorges? and finally will it be networked? for instance 1 entrance can lead to 2 different exits, your probably not allowed to answer I just thought I would ask
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Very cool.

In regards to webs though, I do hope they also buff JP manoeuvrability as a result.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    Very cool.

In regards to webs though, I do hope they also buff JP manoeuvrability as a result.

Jetpacks need to be closer to NS1 JPs.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    wow that pic is awesome...to be honest, it's a bit like I imagined those tunnels would be!

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    But will gorge have to dig the tunnel? Minecraft style.

jk
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hehehe, yep the tunnels are in! Still lots of game code to write for them but they (And lots of other stuff!) are well on the way.
  • DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    my pants are sticky.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Sampson wrote: »
    You'd be surprised what is and isn't ingame right now behind the scenes
    Almost all of this info is wrong, marines cant use tunnels and you dont walk through them, its more of a slow phase gate. Babblers are spat out in a big ball and hatch from that ball once they hit the target. Gorge webs are gooey and infestationy, they look nothing like spider webs. All this stuff is in the map Editor via sounds and models

You are just as misinformed though :P

/tease mode off
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2013
    edit: kouji got it
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Join Date: 2011-08-28 Member: 118911Members
    Alien sphincter! I mean, Tunnel!
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    edited February 2013
    thanks for the pic blink, and wow that looks freaking AWESOME I cant wait now, better then what I was expecting, to be honest I thought tunnels wouldn't be like actual tunnels but more like press E to teleport to the next tunnel, wait 4 seconds and bam you come jumping out the other side, this is much cooler, question though, is gorge tunnels 1 way traffic? what happens when a life form collides? will one of them have to force another to go back the other way? does going through tunnels give a speed boost to slow moving life forms such as gorges? and finally will it be networked? for instance 1 entrance can lead to 2 different exits, your probably not allowed to answer I just thought I would ask

The real question is..why do they look curved!? Wouldn't a gorge make them straight? Is he a bad tunnel maker? Maybe he has 1 short leg and naturally curves towards the left? We may never know...
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    current1y wrote: »
    The real question is..why do they look curved!?

Because Sliders and Stargate.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter

The real question is..why do they look curved!? Wouldn't a gorge make them straight? Is he a bad tunnel maker? Maybe he has 1 short leg and naturally curves towards the left? We may never know...
    You've only seen one pic. Why if it's a tunnel that actually goes to the room on the left?..
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester

Because it's a cheap hack that prevents the engine from from imploding itself due to having to draw an infinite picture-in-picture loop if the tunnels were straight and the Gorge placed the entrances in a way that you can look from one entrance into the other again.

And to prevent marines from shooting just straight through them without ever having to enter them. Gorge is not stupid after all to let this kind of thing happen.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    so. are the gorge tunnels going to be like the RAT VENTS In Dishonored? :o