It's all so different.

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edit : and achievements? Really?
    I gotta admit, I feel a little smug about being one of only 10 people with 5000+ posts.
    Uzguz wrote: »
    I clicked the "forums" button several times before I realised the forum page is actually the forum page. It looks so unlike the forum indices we're used to that I thought forums.unknownworlds.com was forwarding to the wrong place.
    You'll want to bookmark http://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories, probably.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    I'm pretty sure the achievements are a little buggy, unless Thansal and I are the only two with 10,000+ posts.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm pretty sure the achievements are a little buggy, unless Thansal and I are the only two with 10,000+ posts.
    I already had 10.000 posts, the forum ate some of my posts it seems
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    edited January 2013
    We are close to it, however the achievements are awarded once you make a post. So you got your 10K the day before I did, not because I just hit 10K but because you posted first.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I already had 10.000 posts, the forum ate some of my posts it seems
    Aye, I had over 5000.

Hungry forums went away for a couple days, pigged out on posts, then returned, feeling satisfied..

• MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    All of those new emotes are awful.
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    Does the new superwide layout mean I can double my signature image width?
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    [WHO]Them wrote: »

I'm thankful for the setting to disable images in signatures.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Sig images must still be no more than 400 pixels wide x 75 pixels high, and they must also be no more than 40KB in size.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    edited January 2013
    semihandy wrote: »

I'm thankful for the setting to disable images in signatures.

Then how would you know that [WHO]Them Dave is the mastermind behind Portal?

Or that I like the TV show "Fringe" and am both proud of my City/State and of my right to smoke pot?
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    Align wrote: »
    Sig images must still be no more than 400 pixels wide x 75 pixels high, and they must also be no more than 40KB in size.

What if I include 400 pixels of black on each side. That's in forum spirit.

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

What if I include 400 pixels of black on each side. That's in forum spirit.

How about a trade? You can have any signature size you want if you make my steam account one of those fancy ones that gets all the games for free? I am giving up a lot here you know...
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    I'm gonna make a post in here too and add my opinion; I dislike change, any change. Sometimes I rant at my cells for undergoing perfectly normal cell processes because they involve change.

Therefore, I am undecided on this forum layout.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation

I understand the pixel limit but hasn't internet technology progressed enough over the last 10 years that a 100KB signature isn't going to cause any problems?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Sops wrote: »

I understand the pixel limit but hasn't internet technology progressed enough over the last 10 years that a 100KB signature isn't going to cause any problems?

With keeping the same pixel dimensions, there is no need to up the kb limit as this will just lead to overdone animations or things of the like. It has nothing to do with a technical limitation, but purely an aesthetic one we agreed upon.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    Delete signatures altogether.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    It was suggested, considered, and rejected, as the forums have an option in your profile if you want to disable displaying them.
    Gear->Edit Profile->Signature Settings, check the appropriate box(es).
    Oh I just wanted them gone to make you less relevant.
  • ANeMANeM Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16267Members, Constellation
    Well, at least the forums didn't go down for a year while this update was in the works..
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    New site sucks, forums are hard to get to. Clicking community link takes you to some disclaimer with no option to go on to forums, patch notes and relevant updates not displayed on main page (instead there is stuff from october of 2011). Hell I still havent found the patchnotes for the latest update, but mebe Im just dumb? More flash then substance imo.
    New forums are cool tho!
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    edit : and achievements? Really?
    I gotta admit, I feel a little smug about being one of only 10 people with 5000+ posts.

This reminds me, what happened to Esuna? And did he ever get back into a positive post count, I don't remember...
    This reminds me, what happened to Esuna? And did he ever get back into a positive post count, I don't remember...
    Identity crisis or something personal if I recall,
    I don't recommend digging. :seriousface: (because these smiley's really do suck).

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    How can you say the smileys suck, when we have.... THIS: ~:>
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    How can you say the smileys suck, when we have.... THIS: ~:>
    shifty.gif
  • -Drake--Drake- -dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ- Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15125Members
    I don't like change......
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Look at these bitches, don't know where dey at.

HERE WE RESPEKT DE PRETTEH

Edit: Oh hey, I still kept my official title, awesome. STILL ONE OF THE ORIGINAL CREW.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    official title? Weren't they dropped in favour of custom titles ages ago anyhoo? :3
    (thank heck for the lack of kitty smiley)
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    last I checked esuna was around -2,200 posts which would still put him around 8K

And yeah custom titles for everyone were a recent 3.0+ish addition, before that coil or compy would dole them out
  • -Drake--Drake- -dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ- Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15125Members
    Mine is broken. =<