Exo Alternatives

Spiker101Spiker101 Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148869Members
1. Please bring back HMG. It will give a good alternative to SG (which rely heavily on JP). It will give non-JP marine some viability in the game. It will add variety to the game.
2. Make exo cost 25-30, less health and make you buy the weapons. Get it as alternative to JP and not make it so make/break (require so much baby sitting as well)

Both of those will give more varieties to the game. You can have HMG with any armor. Or heavy with any combination of gun, like SG + Flamer. GL+Welder. HMG+HMG..

3. Make pickup weapon easier, I cant count how many times I died because I tired to pick up a weapon...but it disappears just as I dropped my...leaving me with nothing.

Comments

• YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited January 2013
    1. According to Savant they refuse to put in the HMG because it is a flat upgrade to the lmg. And they try to make each weapon have it's own role. So we get the one handed exo instead.

2. Has been suggested before and it seems they are either having trouble implementing it or it is not a priority right now.

3. I agree with this and it has been suggested many times but like the last used weapon button everyone wants we have no idea if it will ever make it in the game.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Easy fix to 3:
    The drop doesn't happen unless you pick up.
  • Spiker101Spiker101 Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148869Members
    1. According to Savant they refuse to put in the HMG because it is a flat upgrade to the lmg. And they try to make each weapon have it's own role. So we get the one handed exo instead.

2. Has been suggested before and it seems they are either having trouble implementing it or it is not a priority right now.

3. I agree with this and it has been suggested many times but like the last used weapon button everyone wants we have no idea if it will ever make it in the game.

I dont understand why they think HMG is just LMG when there is resource you have to account for. HMG cost alot money. Would you rather have 2 Jet Packs or 1 HMG? The fact that LMG is free is a huge advantage. LMG+JP and HMG + nothing has complete different playstyle, but both are viable.

Without HMG they really really need to buff up LMG for late name. SG is not a good alternative, because the amount of required, the necessarily to use jet pack and range reduction.

3. The fix is so easy I dont understand why not. Pick up before drop...instead of drop then pickup!
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    The one hand exo blows really hard and the W3 LMG doesn't even come close to the awesomeness that was the old HMG. Marines are really lacking proper endgame weaponry to match the onos, which results in aliens winning most of the games that make it past the first 20 or so minutes.

I don't see why we can't have EXOS as well as HMGs. And I think they seriously need to reconsider the single HMG exo as a whole.
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    The Assault Rilfe (it's not called LMG anymore :P) is pretty strong late game, when you have wep3. I actually agree with the developers on this one, the HMG was a pretty boring upgrade, and it didn't really make sense. "Oh, here's a copy of the LMG but with 3x the bullets in a round".

The content build is going to bring new weapons for exos, so that should be fun. I'm just hoping that it makes exos more useful in competitive matches, as you rarely see them there. The exo upgrade is a waste of res when you can have JP and just push arcs out.