Welcome back, everyone!

Comments

• WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited January 2013
    bLink` wrote: »
    Wow, I like this new forum. Very shiny :D

The quoted text is too similar to the background color. A white outline would help.
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2013
    old quotes are broken. Idk if you can fix that but fyi.
    I like the new quote design though
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    A few styling thoughts:

- The icons are really big
    - Not a fan of the different-colored rows in the thread list, it's very visually confusing to me. I would prefer if threads with new posts simply had bolded and/or blue text.
    - The font on the page letters is very tall and skinny, a bit hard to read on the thread list.
    - Personally I would remove the user data beneath the avatars. Member ID is useless, and Join Date / Post Count often create elitist behavior in forum communities.

Otherwise it's looking really nice! Vanilla is a great forum system. I might whip together a Stylish style for my nitpicks if anybody is interested.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    bLink` wrote: »
    Wow, I like this new forum. Very shiny :D

The quoted text is too similar to the background color. A white outline would help.

I was about to say the same thing but it looks like it was hotfixed. The inner quote boxes could still use an outline around them though.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    everything seems to be in order! Vell done!
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    edited January 2013
    if i may suggest, make a visible gap/space between stickied and non-stickied threads.

edit: ok, the grey colored bars were totally not there when i just typed this.
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    btw, are we going to be able to use images on our signature just like before?
    DJPenguin wrote: »
    if i may suggest, make a visible gap/space between stickied and non-stickied threads.

Looks like they just changed the styling on them. For anyone that didn't know, if you hover over a sticky and click the Gear icon, you can Dismiss it from your thread list.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Double post prevention/post merging would be a useful addition if possible.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    edited January 2013
    Ok, a real suggestion this time. Bigger thread page number boxes. At least on my 1920x1080 monitor the boxes are entirely too thin.
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    Good to see things still going strong here, just with a fresh coat of paint.
    Also, it would be great if there were direct links to the individual subforums on the main page. IMO clicking on General should take you straight to the General forum, with Squad Five and Ideas and Suggestions visible there as subforums.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17261Members, Vanilla
    Zek wrote: »
    Also, it would be great if there were direct links to the individual subforums on the main page. IMO clicking on General should take you straight to the General forum, with Squad Five and Ideas and Suggestions visible there as subforums.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories
  • BarbetosBarbetos Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73209Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really like the new look. Kind of freaked me out.

So, are all the old posts gone?
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    terrible design. the former one was much clearer
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Barbetos wrote: »

I don't think old posts are gone. Everything is still in placed, I think.

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Barbetos wrote: »

Every post from 2002 is still here. Yes, even those ones I made when I was 17 or so :P
  • koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    great work guys, though i miss the "mark every thread as read" button in the subforums ... or did i just missed it? do i even need it anymore?
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17261Members, Vanilla
    koewi wrote: »
    great work guys, though i miss the "mark every thread as read" button in the subforums ... or did i just missed it? do i even need it anymore?

This feature has been added. Access it via the little cog wheel at the top right under your username.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    I love the new forums!
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Bug:
    - Links in signatures don't work anymore
    Feature request:
    - Enable linking of Steam profiles (don't care about facebook or twitter, this is a gaming forum after all).
  • wazups2xwazups2x Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72902Members
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Please give us a way to view all forums on one page like how we could in the past when viewing the forum home. For those of us that are making posts and reading in virtually all parts of the forums it is now VERY hard to navigate.

Other than that, things look really nice!
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    thefonz wrote: »
    Website/Forum: "I'm sexy and I know it"
    Thanks!

• MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Please give us a way to view all forums on one page like how we could in the past when viewing the forum home. For those of us that are making posts and reading in virtually all parts of the forums it is now VERY hard to navigate.

Other than that, things look really nice!

• WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    thefonz wrote: »
    Website/Forum: "I'm sexy and I know it"
    Thanks!

• CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Sweet job guys!

Edit: Just noticed the constie icon when your post has been created, but does not show in the leave a comment section next to my icon that is currently showing.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i feel like the default font size should be bigger. the contrast between background and text isn't as much as the old forum so i find it harder to read.