DAK whitelisting configuration

SnXSnX Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180145Members, Reinforced - Gold
Hi guys,

I am new to NS2 server installation and configuration thingys and would like to ask if someone could give me some help with configuring DAK on my server without losing whitelisting. I read the readme file about changing server.lua but it is not very clear to me since I basically got no experience on maintaining/configureing an NS2 server.

Please give a shout if you can/want to help me. Remote access is available.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Everything you want to know is in this topic: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120542" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=120542</a>
  • SnXSnX Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180145Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I know where I can find all information and I tried... The thing is I am using a rented server and I cannot seem to find how to change the command line. Do I need to contact my provider for this? Or can I do this myself since I only have FTP access to the server...
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=2062034:date=Jan 17 2013, 09:53 AM:name=SnX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SnX @ Jan 17 2013, 09:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2062034"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know where I can find all information and I tried... The thing is I am using a rented server and I cannot seem to find how to change the command line. Do I need to contact my provider for this? Or can I do this myself since I only have FTP access to the server...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You don't need to add it to the command line. Just install the mod over FTP or whatever else they give you in the mods directory, open the web admin, and it should list the mod in the first page with a checkbox to enable it.
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2062064:date=Jan 17 2013, 07:49 AM:name=semihandy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (semihandy @ Jan 17 2013, 07:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2062064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You don't need to add it to the command line. Just install the mod over FTP or whatever else they give you in the mods directory, open the web admin, and it should list the mod in the first page with a checkbox to enable it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well I actually downloaded DAK already via SteamWorkshop (via WebAdmin) so it is already installed and the ModID is added automatically to the command line and MapCycle.json. I can easily change MapCycle.json but how to I edit the command line by removing the ModID so it will get whitelisted again? Refering to the note below:

<b>*NOTE* - If you decide to load this from Server.lua to bypass mod filter, you will not want to add the ModID to the command line or MapCycle.json. You can download the files from SteamWorkshop by subscribing to the mod and launching your game. It will then create a folder in %appdata%\natural selection 2\workshop called m5f4f178_##################. You can also download the files from GitHub.

Once downloaded, you would want to merge them with your ns2/lua folder (there will not be any files overriden). From there, you will want to edit Server.lua and add the line Script.Load("lua/DAKLoader_Server.lua")
    between the Script.Load statement for ServerConfig and Script.Load for Shared.lua - Between lines 13 and 24 currently. Line 17 should be blank and is a good place.</b>
  • dethovudethovu Join Date: 2009-06-23 Member: 67906Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2062102:date=Jan 17 2013, 12:42 PM:name=SnX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SnX @ Jan 17 2013, 12:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2062102"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well I actually downloaded DAK already via SteamWorkshop (via WebAdmin) so it is already installed and the ModID is added automatically to the command line and MapCycle.json. I can easily change MapCycle.json but how to I edit the command line by removing the ModID so it will get whitelisted again?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it automatically modified the command line, just uninstall it, then reinstall it manually via ftp.

If you rent a server, chances are they don't give you access to the command line, but you can usually contact your provider and get them to modify it for you, as long is it doesn't affect your price plan (like adding player slots).
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    edited January 2013
    You cannot run DAK (or anything else) as a mod and have your server whitelisted, any mod will make your server appear yellow in the server browser.

For a whitelisted server you have to manually add the DAK files to your server's "lua" folder and add this one line of code into your Server.lua file: Script.Load("lua/DAKLoader_Server.lua")

Edit: the line of code has to be between the Script.Load statement for ServerConfig and Script.Load for Shared.lua - Between lines 13 and 24 currently. Line 17 should be blank and is a good place. [taken from DAK readme file]

Download the latest version of the DAK files from here: <a href="https://github.com/xToken/DAK" target="_blank">https://github.com/xToken/DAK</a> (click on the ZIP button near the top of the page then unzip the file), load everything from the "lua" folder into the same folder on your server.

Also, when you install mods via workshop your command line is not edited to include that mod, this is only possible if someone with access to the command line (your server provider) manually adds the relevant code to the command line, so you shouldn't have to worry about uninstalling anything, just make sure all mods are disabled i.e. deleted from MapCycle.json.
  • Leusent-Leusent- Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177315Members
    I'm having trouble with Dak Admin mod too. I can't seem to load it from Server.lua.... nothing happens. Is this currently working for anyone else? maybe 236 broke something?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dont think anything has broke since 236/237, are you editting server.lua to load DAK or using the workshop modid?
    I'm editing server.lua. No console errors, but also nothing happening.

The company that provides the server didn't have any luck either. I think i'm going to try installing a local server and see if I can make it work there. Sometimes the provider's sandbox can cause problems.
    though I would love to hear from someone who currently has this working.
    Could this be due to the following changes in 236?

Unwhitelisted all mods.
    Unwhitelisted NS2Stats. We felt we needed to do this because script errors were preventing people from playing NS2. Hopefully we'll have a better fix for this post 1.0.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Those changes were made in the 1.0 release, the changelog for 236 had alot of errant changes (well really ones already done and published).
    Gotcha.

Well, I'd love to hear from others who have this working.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did you exclude Server.lua from the consistency checks?
    I don't believe I did. Is that necessary? If so how is it accomplished?
    I setup a local server and it didn't have any trouble with this DAK configuration. Odd.
    I got it working last Friday. It is indeed quite easy :)

Just be sure to uninstall DAK admin (or not install it at all) via workshop (NS2 Webadmin). Most important thing is that the DAK modID is not the command line or MapCycle.json. Just follow the readme file :)

*NOTE* - If you decide to load this from Server.lua to bypass mod filter, you will not want to add the ModID to the command line or MapCycle.json. You can download the files from SteamWorkshop by subscribing to the mod and launching your game. It will then create a folder in %appdata%\natural selection 2\workshop called m5f4f178_##################. You can also download the files from GitHub.

Once downloaded, you would want to merge them with your ns2/lua folder (there will not be any files overriden). From there, you will want to edit Server.lua and add the line Script.Load("lua/DAKLoader_Server.lua")
    between the Script.Load statement for ServerConfig and Script.Load for Shared.lua - Between lines 13 and 24 currently. Line 17 should be blank and is a good place.
    Didn't work for me SnX. I think my host has some environment configuration that is prohibiting DAK Admin Mod from writing out/reading files in the "non-modded" configuration.